“Excellent Customer Service”

Hilton San Francisco Financial District
Ranked #81 of 231 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 12, 2012

HHonors Diamond member staying on points. We had one issue that was immediately resolved by the evening manager, excellent service. We enjoyed the location, as it was neat walk through the Italian area of town to the waterfront. Would stay here again. Only recommendation - if you don't require in/out privileges for your car, park right across the street overnight. Self parking @ the hotel is $60/night. Across the street it is $27/night.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlesV352
MM_sanfran, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thanks for your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member. We are happy to know you would choose to stay here again. We are looking forward to having you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,930)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I'm a bay area resident, so I am familiar with the area. This hotel is located next to Chinatown and to North Beach, and within walking district to the main financial district area.

Pros:
- I got upgraded to a Bay View room on the Exec floor because of my status. The view from my room was amazing. I could see Coits Tower, the bay, and alcatraz easily (it was a clear day).
- Rooms were very clean and well oriented
- Staff was very friendly including the housekeepers who always said hi if you walked by them.
- The Hotel feels newly updated and definitely is oriented towards business folks.
- This is the only SF Hilton that has an exec lounge (which i think is silly...)

Cons:
- $50 (that is hotel discounted) is obscene in my opinion.
- Having status, we were told there would be waters in the room for us. They only had the pay ones...
- If you stay on a Saturday night on the Bay view side, it is LOUD. I mean REALLY loud. I saw that there were earplugs on the side table, which I thought was odd (especially because this is a 2 person room, why weren't there 2?). Starting at 11pm until 2:30, I could hear everything. I felt as though I wasn't on the 23rd floor, but instead in a room above a club with loud laughing people. I think that the hotel should have a note about this in the room or let those that are moved to a Bay view room, you should be warned. This was not mentioned to me at all, and if it had I would have chosen to not upgrade so I could sleep through the night.
- the Air/AC in our room stopped working at 11pm at night. Didn't matter what i set, the air didn't move. Being in my PJs, I didn't want to call someone then. It had worked fine the night before...

So as I said, the hotel is nice, upgraded, but be warned on the noise if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cdrennan

Thank you for such constructive feedback. We hope you will give us a second chance, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable while you are still on property.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for vacation with my husband. It was clean. Rooms are small. Our view on the 8th floor was of the roofs of some buildings. There are ear plugs on night stand because during the week the school playground on the roof next door is very loud in the morning. The location of this hotel is at the end of financial district with a sky walk to Chinatown and a few blocks from North Beach. We weren't in the room much so it was a fine place to sleep and change.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for your comments. I hope you will return again and give us a chance to truly wow you, and turn your 3 stars review into 5 stars!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

An OK hotel. Reasonable location but not central. Good for Chinatown. Very business orientated. The coffee shop was OK but for some reason the restaurant was never open. Didn't matter there was a huge choice within walking distance. Rooms were clean. Service was attentive and friendly. Used points so can't comment on value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry you didn’t get a chance to visit 750 Restaurant & Bar. Should you return, please note the restaurant is only closed at lunchtime on weekdays. As an alternative, Flyte Beer & Wine Bar and The Coffee Shack are open, and have a hearty number of lunchtime options. We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've reviewed this hotel previously as I stay at it frequently as a business traveler - I think it a great hotel for the business traveler if your business is in San Francisco's Financial District - see my previous review regarding this.

This trip my wife and I used the hotel as our starting point for a driving trip up the Northern Califoria coast. We had a Balcony King room on the top floor with a Bay View. You couldn't ask for a better view and having the balcony to sit on, have a sip of wine and some cheeze and fruit from the HHonors lounge set a very romantic start to our trip.

While we did not use any of the hotel's facilities, we found it an ideal location to use as a starting point for most of our sight seeing and evenings out. As I described in my experience as a business traveler, the staff here is first rate and the hotel is spotless. This is not the 4 Seasons or the Ritz - but it is a solid 3+ to 4- property with nice rooms (baths are a little on the small side) that is very good value for very expensive San Francisco.

For the tourist it is right on the edge of China town, fifteen minute walk to South Beach, the Embarcadero and Ferry building, South of Market Restaurants and a quick cab or BART ride to Union Square.

Room Tip: If you are going to get a bay view room, ensure that it is on a high floor. The balcony rooms are o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MM_sanfran, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

I’m so happy to hear you are a frequent guest. Thank you for your loyalty. What a great idea to enjoy the balcony with treats from our Executive Lounge. It truly does sound like the start of a wonderful trip. Next time you are here, I hope you will get a chance to try some of our facilities including the restaurant, wine bar, fitness center and spa. Thanks again, and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past few years and each and every time it's been a pleasure. Always a quick check-in and room is always clean. It's a great place to stay if you're planning on staying out all night in SF and need a place to crash, that's what I use it for. Right down the street from the Northbeach Area so if you're out drinking in that area you don't even need a cab to take you home, just walk down. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for recommending us. I am so glad you enjoyed our property, and its proximity to North Beach. We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you are lucky enough to stay on an upper floor on the Bay Side, you will be treated to a spectacular view of SF Bay. Unfortunately that's about all this hotel will treat you to. Our reservations were incorrect on check-in and we were moved part way into the stay ... accommodating but annoying. Many in our party also had similar experiences. The rooms are also quite noisy ... walls are very thin. Overall I would probably stay elsewhere as SF has so many great hotels to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Dir_of_Front_Office, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear A Slusky,

Our team is saddened that we were unable to provide the room which you wanted upon arrival. Unfortunately, an upgrade was selected through our NOR1 for a double bed room on the Executive Floor. Our team sees now that you prefered the original bay view king, and did not want the Executive floor with Executive Lounge access. As a gesture of goodwill, our team did provide the bay view king on the Exec Floor with Lounge access at no additional charge to you. We appreciate that your group stayed with us. We hope that you will choose to return and give our hotel another chance.