I'm a bay area resident, so I am familiar with the area. This hotel is located next to Chinatown and to North Beach, and within walking district to the main financial district area.
- I got upgraded to a Bay View room on the Exec floor because of my status. The view from my room was amazing. I could see Coits Tower, the bay, and alcatraz easily (it was a clear day).
- Rooms were very clean and well oriented
- Staff was very friendly including the housekeepers who always said hi if you walked by them.
- The Hotel feels newly updated and definitely is oriented towards business folks.
- This is the only SF Hilton that has an exec lounge (which i think is silly...)
- $50 (that is hotel discounted) is obscene in my opinion.
- Having status, we were told there would be waters in the room for us. They only had the pay ones...
- If you stay on a Saturday night on the Bay view side, it is LOUD. I mean REALLY loud. I saw that there were earplugs on the side table, which I thought was odd (especially because this is a 2 person room, why weren't there 2?). Starting at 11pm until 2:30, I could hear everything. I felt as though I wasn't on the 23rd floor, but instead in a room above a club with loud laughing people. I think that the hotel should have a note about this in the room or let those that are moved to a Bay view room, you should be warned. This was not mentioned to me at all, and if it had I would have chosen to not upgrade so I could sleep through the night.
- the Air/AC in our room stopped working at 11pm at night. Didn't matter what i set, the air didn't move. Being in my PJs, I didn't want to call someone then. It had worked fine the night before...
So as I said, the hotel is nice, upgraded, but be warned on the noise if you are a light sleeper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton San Francisco Financial District soars 27 stories, offering stunning panoramic views of the city skyline and San Francisco Bay. Located in the historic center of the city, the hotel sits at the crossroads of the Financial District, Chinatown, North Beach and Nob Hill. You are just steps away from San Francisco's most popular attractions such as Alcatraz, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Coit Tower, and Lombard Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Financial District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton