“What you'd expect”

Hilton San Francisco Financial District
Ranked #80 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 11, 2012

An OK hotel. Reasonable location but not central. Good for Chinatown. Very business orientated. The coffee shop was OK but for some reason the restaurant was never open. Didn't matter there was a huge choice within walking distance. Rooms were clean. Service was attentive and friendly. Used points so can't comment on value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
MM_sanfran, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry you didn’t get a chance to visit 750 Restaurant & Bar. Should you return, please note the restaurant is only closed at lunchtime on weekdays. As an alternative, Flyte Beer & Wine Bar and The Coffee Shack are open, and have a hearty number of lunchtime options. We hope to have you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,853)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've reviewed this hotel previously as I stay at it frequently as a business traveler - I think it a great hotel for the business traveler if your business is in San Francisco's Financial District - see my previous review regarding this.

This trip my wife and I used the hotel as our starting point for a driving trip up the Northern Califoria coast. We had a Balcony King room on the top floor with a Bay View. You couldn't ask for a better view and having the balcony to sit on, have a sip of wine and some cheeze and fruit from the HHonors lounge set a very romantic start to our trip.

While we did not use any of the hotel's facilities, we found it an ideal location to use as a starting point for most of our sight seeing and evenings out. As I described in my experience as a business traveler, the staff here is first rate and the hotel is spotless. This is not the 4 Seasons or the Ritz - but it is a solid 3+ to 4- property with nice rooms (baths are a little on the small side) that is very good value for very expensive San Francisco.

For the tourist it is right on the edge of China town, fifteen minute walk to South Beach, the Embarcadero and Ferry building, South of Market Restaurants and a quick cab or BART ride to Union Square.

Room Tip: If you are going to get a bay view room, ensure that it is on a high floor. The balcony rooms are o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MM_sanfran, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

I’m so happy to hear you are a frequent guest. Thank you for your loyalty. What a great idea to enjoy the balcony with treats from our Executive Lounge. It truly does sound like the start of a wonderful trip. Next time you are here, I hope you will get a chance to try some of our facilities including the restaurant, wine bar, fitness center and spa. Thanks again, and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past few years and each and every time it's been a pleasure. Always a quick check-in and room is always clean. It's a great place to stay if you're planning on staying out all night in SF and need a place to crash, that's what I use it for. Right down the street from the Northbeach Area so if you're out drinking in that area you don't even need a cab to take you home, just walk down. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for recommending us. I am so glad you enjoyed our property, and its proximity to North Beach. We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you are lucky enough to stay on an upper floor on the Bay Side, you will be treated to a spectacular view of SF Bay. Unfortunately that's about all this hotel will treat you to. Our reservations were incorrect on check-in and we were moved part way into the stay ... accommodating but annoying. Many in our party also had similar experiences. The rooms are also quite noisy ... walls are very thin. Overall I would probably stay elsewhere as SF has so many great hotels to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Dir_of_Front_Office, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear A Slusky,

Our team is saddened that we were unable to provide the room which you wanted upon arrival. Unfortunately, an upgrade was selected through our NOR1 for a double bed room on the Executive Floor. Our team sees now that you prefered the original bay view king, and did not want the Executive floor with Executive Lounge access. As a gesture of goodwill, our team did provide the bay view king on the Exec Floor with Lounge access at no additional charge to you. We appreciate that your group stayed with us. We hope that you will choose to return and give our hotel another chance.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was very pleased with the level of service and the interior appointments of this hotel during a recent conference I attended. Food was excellent, the large meeting space was bright and inviting, AV equipment worked flawlessly and was of excellent quality. The staff truly did an exceptional job of coordinating meals, room changes, and facility preparation.

After meeting hours I found the front desk staff and concierge to be accessible, helpful, and well-informed with everything from restaurant recommendations to airport shuttle bookings. In- room dining was also good but predictably over-priced.

The exercise room was one of the better ones I've encountered in a hotel with 3 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, weights, etc They even had ice-water and free ear buds for use with the TV capable treadmills.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter.
2  Thank HolidayRoy

Thank you for such a glowing review! I am happy we accommodated all your needs and hopefully more. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I checked into the hotel and got a pretty nice room with a view. The parking was a bit much, I think $50 a night, but hey this is SF. The rooms were quite and a nice size. The hotel is located in Chinatown so if you do not want Chinese food you need to walk a little ways to find something good.

The second night I was there I decided to have a glass of wine and some pizza downstairs in the hotels restaurant. Nice area and all and they had a nice selection of wine. The pizza was good at first until I found a long hair in it! This is my biggest pet peeve and grossed me out like nothing else can.

So in the end, if you want a nice room, this place isn't bad. Just do not eat the food. Stick to the wine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed the view! I truly apologize for your experience in our restaurant. I hope our management staff took proper care of you and rectified the situation. I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I travel for business frequently but this was my first visit to San Francisco. This hotel was very conveniently located for my meetings and for squeezing in some sight seeing, especially
China Town. It is literally across the street. I had a room with a balcony and very comfortable outdoor chairs. I don't believe I've ever enjoyed a morning cup of coffee more!

Everyone on the staff from check in to housekeeping was friendly and helpful. My room was beautiful, clean and had an amazing view. The only negative I have is that elevator service was exceptionally slow, but I only noticed it during peak hours and I was on a high floor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 27th floor have a balcony with a breathtaking view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I’m happy to hear our property put you in the perfect location, and with a wonderful view to enjoy your morning cup of coffee! Unfortunately the elevators can take a little longer when we have a full house because they stop at more floors. Hopefully the wait was worth it for such a spectacular view on a high floor. We hope to have you back again soon.