“Apart from the view, it missed the mark ...”

Hilton San Francisco Financial District
Ranked #74 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you are lucky enough to stay on an upper floor on the Bay Side, you will be treated to a spectacular view of SF Bay. Unfortunately that's about all this hotel will treat you to. Our reservations were incorrect on check-in and we were moved part way into the stay ... accommodating but annoying. Many in our party also had similar experiences. The rooms are also quite noisy ... walls are very thin. Overall I would probably stay elsewhere as SF has so many great hotels to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Dir_of_Front_Office, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear A Slusky,

Our team is saddened that we were unable to provide the room which you wanted upon arrival. Unfortunately, an upgrade was selected through our NOR1 for a double bed room on the Executive Floor. Our team sees now that you prefered the original bay view king, and did not want the Executive floor with Executive Lounge access. As a gesture of goodwill, our team did provide the bay view king on the Exec Floor with Lounge access at no additional charge to you. We appreciate that your group stayed with us. We hope that you will choose to return and give our hotel another chance.

There are newer reviews for Hilton San Francisco Financial District

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was very pleased with the level of service and the interior appointments of this hotel during a recent conference I attended. Food was excellent, the large meeting space was bright and inviting, AV equipment worked flawlessly and was of excellent quality. The staff truly did an exceptional job of coordinating meals, room changes, and facility preparation.

After meeting hours I found the front desk staff and concierge to be accessible, helpful, and well-informed with everything from restaurant recommendations to airport shuttle bookings. In- room dining was also good but predictably over-priced.

The exercise room was one of the better ones I've encountered in a hotel with 3 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, weights, etc They even had ice-water and free ear buds for use with the TV capable treadmills.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter.
2  Thank HolidayRoy
MM_sanfran, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for such a glowing review! I am happy we accommodated all your needs and hopefully more. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I checked into the hotel and got a pretty nice room with a view. The parking was a bit much, I think $50 a night, but hey this is SF. The rooms were quite and a nice size. The hotel is located in Chinatown so if you do not want Chinese food you need to walk a little ways to find something good.

The second night I was there I decided to have a glass of wine and some pizza downstairs in the hotels restaurant. Nice area and all and they had a nice selection of wine. The pizza was good at first until I found a long hair in it! This is my biggest pet peeve and grossed me out like nothing else can.

So in the end, if you want a nice room, this place isn't bad. Just do not eat the food. Stick to the wine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed the view! I truly apologize for your experience in our restaurant. I hope our management staff took proper care of you and rectified the situation. I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I travel for business frequently but this was my first visit to San Francisco. This hotel was very conveniently located for my meetings and for squeezing in some sight seeing, especially
China Town. It is literally across the street. I had a room with a balcony and very comfortable outdoor chairs. I don't believe I've ever enjoyed a morning cup of coffee more!

Everyone on the staff from check in to housekeeping was friendly and helpful. My room was beautiful, clean and had an amazing view. The only negative I have is that elevator service was exceptionally slow, but I only noticed it during peak hours and I was on a high floor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 27th floor have a balcony with a breathtaking view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I’m happy to hear our property put you in the perfect location, and with a wonderful view to enjoy your morning cup of coffee! Unfortunately the elevators can take a little longer when we have a full house because they stop at more floors. Hopefully the wait was worth it for such a spectacular view on a high floor. We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights recently. I was on business and she was sightseeing and shopping. This Hotel has a great location on the edge of both the financial district and Chinatown. We were given a room right next to the elevators and pop/ice machine. It was also a wheelchair room with a shower that only reached mid body height. I called down and they tried to move us but the hotel was full. They did move us the second night to a much quieter room which was much appreciated. There is a great deal of traffic around the hotel which creates an ambiance of noise. The room was fine but quite dark even with all lamps lit. Also there was only one night lamp which made reading difficult. Front desk service was very good. We used the concierge services twice and were very pleased with the service. All of the front of house staff were friendly and helpful. One thing, I used the telephone check out service and must of left the bill by the phone. I have emailed twice trying to get a copy of our bill. I have no had a response to date.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Dir_of_Front_Office, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Our team is thrilled that you enjoyed the service by our staff. I assure you that we will inspect your room, and ensure that the lighting is improved. Please feel free to email me your request for your receipt. It would be my pleasure to send this to you. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We could see the complete bay, including Alcatraz, from our hotel room! When the bell boy led us into the room, he announced, "show time!" The view was so pretty, that we twice had lunch in our room. What restaurant could have a prettier view? Okay; time for cons: slow elevators and tiny bathrooms. Pros: next door to Chinatown and a quick walk to the Ferry Building! Wow!

Room Tip: Ask for a bay side view; higher the better!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed “lunch and a show!” Thank you for your patience with our elevators. Unfortunately they can take a little longer when we have a full house. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We enjoyed every aspect of our weekend stay. Our room was very clean and comfortable, especially the bed. Sleeping in it was almost like crawling back into the womb, especially after an active day. On the 19th floor, we didn't hear any street noise nor, despite it being Halloween weekend with an almost full hotel, noise from neighbors. The location is fantastic, adjacent to both Chinatown and North Beach, and very close to Fisherman's Wharf. We enjoyed a brisk walk through Chinatown to a Washington Square restaurant for breakfast on Sunday morning, as The City was waking up. With every possible electronic connection available and the service we received, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Hilton SF Financial District or to return..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a great review! I’m glad to hear we met all your expectations, and you truly enjoyed your stay. Next time you are back, I hope we can make your stay worth a 5 star review!