4,257 results
All reviews the executive lounge coit tower financial district bay view union square chinatown and north beach telegraph hill ferry building high floor fisherman's wharf an upgrade convenient location few blocks valet parking market street public transportation cable car
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here before and always great experience. Very swift and professional check in, sorry don't have his name but kudos to him! Beautiful view from floor 27 and the Executive Lounge was very nice.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
David I, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Welcome Back and thank you for the Perfect Score!! I was so pleased to read that you had another wonderful experience here. Repeat guests are our favorite and best guests. Everyone here strives to make sure the product stays fresh and never sacrifice the service levels from a first-time guest to our multiple repeat guests. Again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were looking for a hotel comfortable but not so expensive, so after a long browse we found this one.

I was greatly surprised of this hotel, it was more than i expected in every possible way. Great location, the rooms were just perfect, so comfortable.

It is mainly a bussiness hotel, but it fits also for tourists due to it's location. Is one block away from Chinatown and from the TransAmerica Tower.

Not so many eating options inside the hotel at night, however, there are many option in Chinatown and Little Italy

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Wow, a Perfect Score! I'm so glad to read that we somehow caught your eye while you were searching for hotels in San Francisco. Thank you for your wonderful endorsement and we agree that one of our key assets is our central location which appeals to visitors and business clientele. Again thank you for your great feedback and we hope that when your next trip includes San Francisco, you will once again visit us at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

You walk in to a nice big lobby, get in line to check in. There were 5 people checking us in, so it went very fast. I asked for a high room. They put me on the 25th floor. I walked in my room and was very happy. It is a nice, big room with a built in desk that spans the width of the room. There is I chair and ottoman, a big flat screen tv, a bed and love seat. The bed is oh so comfy! I'm sitting at the desk looking out at all the beautiful high rise buildings in front of me. A nice little touch is the magnified makeup mirror in the bathroom. I was a little surprised that they charge $10.00 PER DEVISE per day,
The room is very clean as is the bathroom. There are also 2 nice robes in the closet.
Downside is that you can hear everything outside. If you're a light sleeper like me, be sure to bring ear plugs:)
There is a nice dining room down by the lobby that has a glass enclosed burning fire. Really cool!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank sls1047
David I, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

Thank you for the great review and pictures of your recent stay at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District! So pleased to hear that you were able to get one of our view rooms and enjoyed the comfy bed while watching TV and enjoying the breathtaking views of San Francisco. I am sorry if the noise from the City kept you up. Due to our location in the Financial District, the sounds of the city does bounce from building to building and moves upwards. Overall, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times during business trips to the Bay Area. Overall I would say it is quite a nice property and is a perfect place to stay while on a business trip. Many of the rooms, especially the ones on the higher floors, have breathtakng views of the Bay. If you're high enough up and on the Bay side, you will have an excellent view of Alcatraz and other prominent sites. The rooms also feature large windows with a desk directly facing them. It's a great environment when you're doing a little work in your room.

The rooms are a bit on the small side, so they are a bit cramped with more than one person in them. I did have my wife and daughter join me on one trip. My daughter was a toddler at the time and sleeping in a small travel bed on the floor, and it wasn't a problem at all. However, it wouldn't work now that she's a bit older. The rooms are just too small for more than two people. The hotel is also a ways away from most of the tourist attractions, and parking is expensive ($40 per day). You will have to plan on a lot of cab rides if you're in the area on vacation and don't have a car.

Other than being a long ways away from tourist attractions, the location is great - very close to North Beach and Chinatown. Plenty of great restaurants are within easy walking distance.

I would definitely stay here again when in town on business. If I were in town with my family I would probably opt for something a little closer to the wharf.

Room Tip: Request the highest floor possible, and something on the Bay side for the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jandrfas

Another perfect score overall! Welcome Back and thank you for your detailed review of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our hotel on your recent business trips and that the rooms are very condusive to getting work done on the wall-to-wall desks. Our location is centrally located to get to all the famous SF neighborhoods within a 15 minute walk. We are in the middle of Chinatown, North Beach, and the Financial District. Union Square Fisherman's Wharf and the Ferry Building is only a short 15 minutes away. You are correct that you do not need a car in San Francisco....parking is costly at all major hotels in the City, however, the Muni (bus) system is the best in any California city. You can virtually get on a bus in front of the hotel and travel to the Gloden Gate Bridge, the Golden Gate Park, etc. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is a great hotel that is in a perfect spot for someone spending their first time in San Francisco. It is right on the edge of Chinatown. The Wharf, Ferry Building, Pier 39, and all the other San Francisco sites are within walking distance from the room.
The staff at this hotel is amazing. It was one of the most pleasant stays that I can recall. I was staying in the room during my wedding anniversary, and the hotel sent cheeses and champagne to the room for my wife and I to celebrate.
The parking is expensive, but you won't need a car any way. If you do have a car, there are plenty of other parking garages to use.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay. You can see Coit Tower and Alcatraz in the distance.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChildeRoland

Yahoo, a Perfect Score!! Thank you for your informative and gracious comments of your recent visit to the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. Glad to read that you love our location and the service you experienced from the entire hotel staff! I am happy to read that we made your celebration just a little more special. Again Happy Anniversary and we hope to see you again on another anniversary or special occasion!