Hilton San Francisco Financial District
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$399
$189
  • Room Service
$488
$194
  • Pool
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$223
$201
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$245
$212
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$240
$188
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$338
$189
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$267
$239
  • Bar/Lounge
$390
$309
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$299
$239
$458
Hotelpower.com
4,003 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecoit towerfinancial districtbay viewunion squarechinatown and north beachtelegraph hillferry buildinghigh floorfisherman's wharfconvenient locationan upgradefew blocksupon checkvalet parkingmarket streetpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We were told at check-in that we get an upgrade to a larger room. The room had maintenance problems, including a remote controlled shade that was rotating non-stop and screeching at regular intervals. Problems were fixed by maintenance, but you do not expect such problems in a Hilton. The room was not updated and looked like in a 2-3 star motel.
Next morning, after complaining, we got the room changed to an updated room on the view side of the hotel. Unfortunately, part of the views are now obstructed by a new high rise. The updated rooms are nice, but still not at the level we are used when staying at Hilton. Service overall was subpar. We liked the lounge downstairs, a good place for drinks in the evening.
PS: We are HH members, gold level.

Room Tip: Make sure the room has been updated (there are still some older rooms) and ask for the Bay side (with water view).
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
David I, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2011

Thank you for your review of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your original room did not meet your expectations and that the window shades were malfunctioning. The rooms on either side of the hotels are identical with the exception of views; one side is a City View and the other side is a Bay View. Unfortunately a new building just came up next to the hotel this year which blocks some views and created a lot of noise complaints. I regret to hear about the "subpar" service your encountered and I will bring your review to the next staff meeting so that all managers are aware. Again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope you will once again consider our hotel on your next SF visit.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Situated literally on the edge of the Financial, North Beach and Chinatown districts you are in a walker's paradise. Head out on foot in any direction and you are bound to encounter something uniquely San Francisco; plus the Embarcadero and Union Square are five or six blocks away in opposite directions. Dim Sum for breakfast or Lunch, Pizza or Mediterranean cuisine for Dinner all at your this hotels door step. The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly. I booked a high room with the ocean view. I recommend booking one class lower than what you want then requesting an upgrade for $20 a night. If it is available you will save big rather than pre-booking the exact room class you want. This trick works well during the construction of a multi story building across the street while the hotel is less booked. I was not bothered by the construction noise, its simply blends in with the city noise. A great hotel in a great location. The room was nice and clean.

Room Tip: Park around the corner at St. Mary's parking garage on Jackson and save $20 a day over the $45 a day at the Hilton.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for the great feedback from your recent stay at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. You are absolutely correct about our 'central location' in San Francisco. The hotel is only steps away from most major attractions, restaurants, and renown neighborhoods such as Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, Chinatown, etc. I was pleased to hear that you experienced great service from the friendly staff as well. Thank you for sharing the great tips on parking as hotel parking anywhere in San Francisco can be very costly. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

The room had a lovely view of Telegraph Hill, but you can tell the difference between this hotel and a typical 4 or 5 star. Firstly, when you put a "do not disturb" sign on your door, don't phone to see if you can come clean. It's a bit obvious isn't it? I didn't get the level of service I expected, but maybe because I am too used to Starwood hotels.... On a positive note, this is an excellent location for seeing San Fran, and everything was clean and quite lovely.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the great views from your room and that you found the hotel to be 'clean and lovely'. I am sorry to hear of your experience with our staff disturbing you while you were in the room. This is not the norm and I will bring it to the attention of the Housekeeping and Front Office mangement at our daily meeting. Thank you for this feedback and we sincerely hope we will see you once again in the future.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I've been here a few times, each time has been superb. Clean and practical with friendly staff. Once, I even arrived at 1am without a reservation and found a room.

The only negative is that there tends to be a lot of maintenance going on at night, but you can't hear it from the rooms; Just be careful if you go down to the lobby at night. This is a very minor negative, of course, since the continued up-keep is one of the reasons this hotel is so great.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
David I, Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank you for your continued patronage of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. It's always good to hear feedback from our repeat guests. Thank you for recognizing our service friendly staff and our clean and updated facility. A property this size takes a lot of maintenance and we try very hard to keep it all 'behind the scenes' which does require some deep cleaning and minor maintenance during 'off hours' which does entail some late nights, early mornings. We try very hard to not disturb guests and keep noise down to a minimum whilst we complete our daily maintenance tasks. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you once again in the near future,

Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed in Room 2009 for two nights: November 22 and 23 (Thanksgiving night and the night after). We arrived via BART and a half mile plus hike from the airport about 2:30 pm, and the room was ready. When I checked in on line the day before, I was assigned a room on the 21st floor so I’m not sure why we didn’t get that one, but I have no complaints. We had a view of Telegraph Hill and Coit Tower. The room had a nice work area by the window, and the free wifi worked perfectly. The television was good also. The bathroom had one of those frosted doors, but you couldn’t see through it. We had a bathtub/shower combo with sink area and toilet. Many amenities were provided. The ice machine was down the floor just near the elevator. The beds were comfortable. There was no available outlet between the beds so they provided a power strip. The executive lounge was available 24 hours a day with snacks and soft drinks. Alcohol was extra even at happy hour. Everyday at 5 they had hors d’oeuvres. The first night they had chicken wings, crab cakes, and one more. They also had 3 choices on Friday, but I forget exactly what. Service was good, and you could make a meal out of it. I did eat too many wings so even though I didn’t have dinner until 7 pm, I wasn’t very hungry and only ate my fish and not the veggies and potato. It would have been nice to have a small refrigerator in the room because I couldn’t take leftovers back after my meals. There was a safe in the closet which was a nice extra. One complaint was the breakfast in the executive lounge. They had boiled eggs but nothing else hot. Lots of pastries and some fruit. It would have been nice to have scrambled eggs, even if fake, and definitely a meat selection. The Hilton in Tampa had meat in their executive lounge. That was about my only complaint except for the people who would stand outside the executive lounge and then enter when someone left. The hotel needs to monitor better. The lobby was pretty, but we didn’t spend any time at the bar area. When I stopped to asked the valet how to get to Pier 2, he was speaking French to someone so when they finished, I spoke in French and then switched to English. I thought that was good that they catered to many people in many languages. The hotel was about .6 mile from the Esplanade. Fisherman’s Wharf was a bit further, especially if you took a flat route. We walked up Telegraph Hill and went up Coit Tower before zigzagging down the hill to Butterfly for lunch. We had a good dinner Thursday night at Sinbads as well. We had one bad meal at a Hunan restaurant on the street that runs diagonally from Kearny to Ghirardelli’s. We walked a lot and enjoyed the central location of the hotel. I would definitely stay there again. Next time, I won’t make my dinner reservations until I have checked out the lounge offering. They do need to improve the breakfast for the executive lounge and monitor those who enter. We will return in the next few years. Thanks for a good Thanksgiving weekend experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BerlinG-ParisF

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the views, and the Executive Lounge. We are fortunate to have such great views of the Bay and some of the City's landmarks. We truly are only a short 15 minute walk from all major neighborhoods such as Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square, and the Embarcadero, as we are centrally located next to Chinatown, North Beach, and the Financial District. Thank you for your suggestions for our Lounge and I will bring it up at our next staff meeting. Again, thank you for your feedbeack and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.