I am staying at the hotel now. I arrived after flying across the country, and it was only 11:30am. I was greeted by the nicest lady, Ana, and she went out of her way (seriously) to get me checked in. Better service than I have gotten at some RItz-Carlton properties. Plus, I got an upgrade to a really nice Executive Level room.
While the location is a little bit away from the center of the city as others have correctly noted, it's half a block's walk from the UN/Civic Center BART Station. Very easy to get to from the airport.
The lobby is calm and inviting, and the room is really nice--obviously recently redone. It's quiet, and the beds are dreamy. Triple sheeted, too--I didn't expect such nice bedding in a 3-star hotel. Spacious room, good-sized bathroom, especially for a large-city hotel, and nice soaking tub.
This is my first stay in SF, and I'm already sold on this little gem. Here on business this time, but I'll probably stay here when I come back for leisure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the 50onEighth Restaurant/Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $37 plus tax per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball team. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelPower, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn