Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco)
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$395
$183
$338
$185
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$217
$189
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$309
$279
$237
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$469
$220
1,254 results
All reviewscivic center stationcity hallmarket stpublic transportbig cityconvenient locationfisherman's wharfbartsforpheumstarbucksubercarscablechinatown
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I only spent one night in the hotel, but I had a nice experience. The lobby is beautiful and the front desk staff were very helpful. They have a nice bar that we visited during cocktail hour. The rooms were very clean, especially the bathroom.

The location was very good. We were able to walk to Chinatown and the BART is very convenient if you want to go to other places. This hotel is located in a big city, so there are of course some seedy elements around, but as long as you are careful, you should be fine. I didn't feel in danger at all. In fact, it seemed safer at night walking than it did earlier in the day (not that I recommend walking anywhere alone! I was with a group of people).

Note that if you drive, they have on-site parking, but it costs extra. This is understandable to me in a big city like Frisco, but just be aware of it. I'm sure there are other places to park, but this garage is connected to the hotel, so you pay for convenience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInn_SFCC, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco), responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Whether a short or long term stay, we want all of our guests to feel at home with our cleanliness, presentation, and service. We are pleased to hear your experience was overall a positive one. Thank you for taking a chance on our hotel and taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Due to missing a flight, we had to find accomodation in San Francisco before our flight the next day. Since I had some Priority Club points left I wanted to use up, we found this property to be reasonably priced and convenient location, at least on map.

At least during the day, we found the hotel very easy to get to, only 100 metres from the Civic Centre BART station. On check-in, we were pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded to an executive room on the 11th floor. The room was spacious enough and clean, decor is standard Holiday Inn style.

We went to Union Square by BART and returned by walking, which took about 20 minutes, so the location is still pretty convenient.

However, as previous posts have mentioned, the area is not so good and can be very intimidating for tourists. So I do hope they improve the community and help some of the people.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_SFCC, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco), responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Certainly missing a flight can be a challenging, unforeseen circumstance, but we are pleased to hear you found a good balance between a reasonable rate and quality accommodations spur of the moment with Holiday Inn San Francisco Civic Center. We aim to reciprocate our IHG Rewards Club Members’ loyalty with returned dedication to their guest satisfaction and a room upgrade is one of the perks. There is a great effort in motion to invigorate the local area with new businesses and residential units, including affordable housing. So, look forward to many progressive positive changes taking place now and in the very near future. Thank you for taking a chance on our property and for being a part of our loyalty program.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel is soooo good. I stayed here for 2 nights. The beds are wonderful, the pillow was soft and nice. I could just breathe class with
every air. bathroom was clean and compact. The rooms had every facility I'd need any given day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you, it is quite the compliment to be recognized as a 5/5 hotel by a guest. We are glad our brand new pillows and comfortable beds made sleep pleasant during your stay. Getting sound rest as a traveler is of the utmost importance and it is our pleasure to be able to provide that to you. We are grateful for your business and your kind review. Should you make your way back to San Francisco, we hope to have another opportunity to make the most of your visit to our great city.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel just recently, the beginning of October. Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have listened to my husband and canceled the hotel part of our trip and rebook somewhere else, even if that meant losing the money, because we booked thru Expedia. I would have never imagined anything like this and what a horrible stay we had, mainly because of the location of the hotel. Although the hotel is nice and clean, it is located in what they call the Tenderloin area – a few feet from the hotel they were thugs selling drugs, people that looked high on drugs and lots and lots of homeless people. I wish I would have taken pictures of the area and post them here; there was human poop in front of the hotel and the few feet walk to get to where the F line stops was the biggest stress. I wish people would really read all the reviews here that talk about the location and think twice before booking at this hotel. We felt much safer on the streets of New York late at night than around this hotel in the middle of the day.
There is a reason it’s cheaper, much cheaper than other areas. But they will get you with the breakfast – they take advantage of the fact that no one will try to walk anywhere nearby for breakfast so they charge $16 per person for some dried up pastry, milk and cereal and coffee, and $20 if you want eggs and bacon. There’s nowhere else to go, if you’re a breakfast eater, unless you want to risk your life and walk thru urine, feces and drug dealers. Also, I have never stayed in a hotel that has earplugs on the nightstands for their guests and you could smell the urine all the way up to the 11th floor, where we were.
There reason for the earplugs is that there are several police stations in the neighborhood so you will hear police and fire truck sirens ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!! The 1st morning we woke up we thought we should be pretty safe, as they might have arrested everyone, judging by the constant noise. The only reason we stayed there for 3 nights is because the F line was close by so we could get on it and escape the ghetto, otherwise I would have taken the loss and went someplace else. But we made sure we were back at the hotel no later than 7.30-8.00 pm, and that walk was the most stressful part of the day: we would pretty much run, not look left or right and no eye contact. I usually don’t write reviews for hotels or restaurants, but I took the time to do this now because if one person reads this and decides to stay someplace else, I would be happy that they can enjoy their trip, even if they pay a little extra to stay someplace better.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank None211
HolidayInn_SFCC, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco), responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

While you were pleased with our hotel’s cleanliness, presentation, and easy access to public transportation, we are dismayed to hear the location was not what you anticipated for our inner-city community. Holiday Inn Civic Center actually falls in the Civic Center/South of Market districts, though the Tenderloin is a neighbor of ours. While all in-demand, urban cities shares a commonality of a vast spectrum of walks of life, we regret if any off-property experiences negatively influenced your travels. It is worth mentioning that the downtown area (including the immediate surrounding area of our hotel) is undergoing a major transformation that will considerably impact the overall aesthetics, community, and value of San Francisco. Our restaurant quality and rates are comparable to other local properties, but we apologize if it was not to your liking. We thank you for your feedback and hope you will consider us again with the assuredness of future progressive plans for a revitalization of the Civic Center/South of Market districts.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This Holiday Inn is in a great location and the staff is really accommodating. The lobby has been recently renovated and looks beautiful. We were upgraded to the top level of the hotel. Our room had a lovely balcony and was quite spacious. The hallways and other areas of the hotel are a bit dated though and could use the upgrade.The location was super convenient and near Market Street. Parking is reasonable and the hotel will provide you with a parking pass for easy entry and departure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn_SFCC, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco), responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Value and customer service are what sets hotels apart in a city of so many options and we are happy to have been given an opportunity to provide that to you. We are excited to say we are already working on freshening up our guest rooms and hallways starting with new carpet to be installed soon. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and please visit us again soon.

Holiday Inn Civic Center