Pros - spacious room, good coffee in room, friendly, efficient & helpful staff, Nice gift shop/convenience items, good prices. Location was close to Asian Art Museum, Tram stops, Hop-on bus tours. Pool was clean and orderly. Safe elevator required key card for all floors. I left an item in my room and they quickly returned it for me. Many outlets available for use. Nice view from elevator lobby on our floor, see picture here!
Cons - Bed was hard, tub wouldn't drain, no tissues provided 2nd night, restaurant severely overpriced as was room service, no view from room, TV remote very slow to respond, Refrigerator is extra nightly fee! Fitness center was a few treadmills, ellipticals, but no weights, shower nor sauna. Location sketchy at night, many homeless in the area. Pool area needs update/remodel. They charged FedEx to return the very small item to me, even though I am a Priority Club Member. No fan in bathroom for odor. Only 1 soft chair provided, should be 2.
I understand I've listed more cons than pros, but it's easier to see what is wrong, I did enjoy my stay and would return to this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the 50onEighth Restaurant/Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $37 plus tax per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball team. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn