I stayed at the Holiday Inn while in San Francisco for the TV of Tomorrow Show. There were definitely pros and cons to the stay.
- I stayed here because it was cheaper than other hotels. At $280/night it was a lot cheaper then the $400/night other hotels were charging
- The hotel is very convenient for BART. The Civic center stop is right there (literally steps from the hotel) and it was very easy to get here from airport.
- The room was clean and comfortable
- Checkin and checkout were quick and efficient
- The hotel is in a rough neighborhood. During my 1 mile walk to TV of Tomorrow show at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts I passed numerous homeless people, shady characters, and shady buildings. To be honest, everywhere I went I passed homeless people (it's a shame that it is such a big problem in a great city like San Francisco). As a white male in good condition, I wasn't overly worried but I did pay attention of my surroundings on this walk (especially at night). I found this to be the same on Market Street, Mission Street, Howard Street, and 8th Street. I found that sticking to Market St for all walking was best since there were a lot of other people with you.
- Across the street they are doing noisy construction that starts at 7am. This isn't the hotel's fault but something to be aware of.
- Their wifi went down for a whole day. The front desk was unable to do anything about it or report when it would be back. This was very frustrating.
- Two treadmills in the fitness center weren't working well.
So, overall my stay was fine but there were issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the 50onEighth Restaurant/Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $37 plus tax per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball team. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn