1,857 results
All reviews ferry building view of the bay wine hour great location milk and cookies rooms are small farmers market kimpton hotel view room complimentary wine wine reception the financial district queen bed an upgrade fisherman's wharf union square valet parking
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2007

I travel to SF on business frequently and I choose this location for the nicer bedding, dark window coverings and Aveda bath products. My two complaints are that the staff has been consistently rude upon check in, and the room service menu is substandard. Great location if you are in town on business.

Date of stay: January 2007
2  Thank seattlesun414
Reviewed November 27, 2006

Clean hotel with friendly staff and some nice touches e.g. wine tasting. The rooms however were very small and I had to move the chair next to the desk to get to the bathroom!

The lack of breakfast wasn't a drawback for me as at a conference but I could imagine some people may find this frustrating.

Good location to get to main city and shops - a 10 minute stroll.

Date of stay: October 2006
1  Thank djfozzer
Reviewed November 9, 2006

Stayed here 2 nights last weekend through a great deal I got on Priceline ($90/night plus tax). I've never had a smaller room at a hotel, but it was well appointed and the bedding was great. As a single traveler I was fine, however 2 people would be tight. One wall was completely mirrored, which visually opens up the space and would also be ideal for horizontal entertainment :-) I don't mind rooms that face courtyards in urban environments since they are usually quieter. Unlike other reviewers, the hotel was going to charge $10 to use the Y. Since I was already a Y member I could get in with my Y card for $3. The hotel staff were always helpful. The Saturday market at the Ferry Building down the block is fantastic. I would definitely stay here again if I was traveling alone.

Date of stay: November 2006
1  Thank polkaparty
Reviewed November 6, 2006

Stayed here last week at $200 per night for a room with no view. If you bring your signficant other, I would suggest getting a room with a view of the Bay Bridge. It is a beautiful sight when it is lit at night.

I have a lot of business in the Embarcadero area and usually stay at the Griffon which is a decent boutique (small, brick walls, unusual deco) two doors down. Turns out the Griffon was more expensive this particular week and the Harbor Court appears to have better reviews so thought I would give it a try.

My room (503) was surprisingly large and comfortable. The king size bed was really nice to my sensitive back I had a sitting area and a good size desk. The hotel has a good wireless network so I was able to do work efficiently. As I was leaving for meetings each day, I would get a glimpse of other rooms which were being serviced. There were some that were very small and are consistent with some of the negative reviews on this site so suggest that you book direcly with the hotel which gets you free access to the YMCA next door and allows you to make special room requests. The YMCA was recently renovated and is a very nice facility.

The service I received was fine. Check in/out was fast and easy. I was welcomed with smiles on my way out each day and upon my return. I didn't have any special service request so I can't say that I really tested them. But it seemed to me that they were going out of their way to be friendly. Perhaps, management is reading some of the recent negative reviews on service.

I will most likely stay here again on my next trip to SF.

Date of stay: October 2006
Reviewed October 22, 2006

My platonic male friend & I arrived at the Harbour Court hotel after a 28 hour flight from Bali. We requested a room with two beds and was told there was only only two rooms available in the whole hotel, ours (with one bed) and the penthouse. (Although I overheard a another clerk telling another client that there were rooms available) I was looking forward to a comfortable sleep in my own bed. But I was forced to stay in a tiny bed with my friend who's 6'4". I very nicely requested a cot and was told the hotel does not have them. Then I requested extra pillows so I could sleep on the floor and that request was never filled. The snooty clerk who was on duty, snidely told me to go have some 'cookies and milk" in the lobby... very insulting! The room was VERY tiny, the bed small and there was barely enough room to sleep on the floor. The next morning I hoped to sleep in late after my friend caught an early flight, but the room was very loud. I could hear the elevator clearly although the room was half way down the hall. The sound echosed in the hallway. The bathroom was very small and poorly designed. I had to step inside the shower and get sprayed with cold water in order to turn the water on. The hotel advertised it "unique" decor, but except for a bed canopy and flat-screen TV (The room was too small for a traditional TV) it didn't look much different than a holiday inn

Date of stay: September 2006