“Exceptional hotel experience in San Francisco”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Harbor Court Hotel

Harbor Court Hotel
Ranked #51 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
SoCal
“Exceptional hotel experience in San Francisco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

I have stayed at the Harbor Court Hotel for business and leisure and each time it has been a fantastic experience. The location is great for my business, surrounded by wonderful restaurants, a nice walk to the wharf and BART is only a few blocks away. The evening happy hours are enjoyable as well as the coffee in the morning. I recommend this boutique hotel - especially the rooms with an ocean view.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Turkish first
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

This is a great spot to be in the heart of the city and on the water at the same time for an affordable price. The hotel is contemporary and immaculate, with a colorful lobby where you can sit with friends for daily wine tastings, find a cozy chair in the corner, or use one of two IMACS availalbe to guests. The staff is friendly and attentive without a hint of the arrogance that can creep into a front desk crew. Ozumo, one of the best Japanese eateries in the city, sits on one side of the hotel, a slick YMCA on the other - both with deals and special services for hotel guests. The Ferry Building and farmers markets are right across the street. If you can affort a bayview it's well worth it. After staying at 4 and 5 star hotels in the city for the past 20 years this was my favorite. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
el dorado hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

I used to live in Berkeley but I am not so familiar with Frisco. I stayed at this hotel with my partner for 4 nights, the rate was not too high and due to my previous visits at other Kimpton Hotels my expectations were very high.

PROS: The location was incredible! There are plenty of restaurants/shopping and public transportation nearby. Staff seemed very knowledgeable of the hotel surroundings. At check in we were greeted by an adorable puppy Pug. Also Nick the concierge went out of his way to recommend and reserve places to eat and visit with outstanding service and genuine care throughout our whole stay. We inquired about good food and they gave us plenty of recommendations not just in the area but throughout SF. We ate at 3 different locations the staff recommended and loved each and every one of them. They also have wine tasting at 6:30 and cookies at night!

Just a few.. Cons: The room was very small and no ceiling light. Parking is overpriced and I was a little surprised to find out I was charged over $10 for wireless internet but upon checkout Nick waived the fee and suggested we’d sign up for the Kimpton Loyal Program because of all the benefits we can get out of it, which we did.

All the cons were made up by the excellent service, and the location! 5 STARS!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Harbor_Court_Mgr, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
Dear katey2811,

I love to hear that you had high expectations of our hotel after staying at other Kimpton properties. That means we must be doing a good job across the country. More importantly, I am happy to hear we lived up to your expectations. We definitely do not want to disappoint.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for pointing out the exceptional service and genuine care which Nick showed you. Nick is an excellent asset to our team and we are lucky to have him.

We will not deny the coziness of our rooms. We wish they could all be a little larger, but the historical nature of this building just won’t let that happen.

As for the parking prices…We park our guest’s cars in a garage just down the street. The garage charges $29 for overnight self-parking. If you self-park, you can not retrieve your car between 11pm and 6am. The overnight charge only applies if you do not move your car. If you valet with us for $40/night (+ tax), we will allow you unlimited in-and-out privileges and we can retrieve your car 24 hours a day. The best part is that we park your car for you in good and bad weather. Personally, I think the extra $11 is worth it, but we are happy to offer our guests all of the options for parking.

We do hope we will see you on your next trip to San Francisco. There are still many more restaurants to try.

San Leandro, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

I live in a quaint, lovely town on Los Gatos, CA. I have a busy life filled with grad school, full-time career, gym, friends, and two totally kissable dogs; so, when I want to unwind and have 'me' time, I head up north to the Harbor Court Hotel.

The hotel is lovely, with amenities either at your fingertip or within walking distance. Ferry Building, YMCA, Ozumo's, The Boulevard, Embarcadero...what more could a girl want? More of it.!

I treat myself often (3-4 times/annum) for two reasons:
1. I am worth it...and so are you, dear Reader.
2. Because I can afford it...and so can you, dear Reader. Pricing is more than reasonable, considering all of the value you receive.

The hotel is always clean. The staff are super-friendly and always crisply dressed. I have been going there for two years (it's my only religion) and I always see the same staff--I love that. It means that employees are valued, because they have stayed. It shows.

I am not a paid employee. Nor have I received any tips,profits or upgrades (did I mention the eUpgrade? Check it out.). This place is my kind of place. And I am picky.

Safe travels.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

Very much enjoyed staying at the Harbor Court Hotel last weekend. The staff is extra friendly and helpful, the rooms are a little small, but nicely furnished. The give you a bathrobe to wear while staying there, something you don't see very often anymore. Evening wine reception with free wine. This was my second stay and not my last at this hotel. Looking forward to staying at one of the other hotels in the Kimpton chain.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Harbor_Court_Mgr, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2010
Dear travelprofi,

It is so nice to hear about people who have returned to our hotel for a second (or third or fourth) time and loved it just as much as they did on their first stay. We definitely want you to return and hopefully, you will tell all of your friends about us as well.

I shouldn’t admit that I have one of the leopard print robes at home. I think they are so much fun and when I put it on it puts a smile on my face.

Kimpton Hotels started hosting evening wine receptions many, many years ago and it is a tradition which we are proud to continue. I try to participate as many nights as possible, because it gives me an opportunity to meet our guests.

We do hope we will see you for a third (and fourth and fifth, etc) visit.

Windsor, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

We absolutely loved staying again at the Harbor Court Hotel in SF. It has a GREAT LOCATION, as close as you can get to the Fairy Building and access to public transportation, walking distance to eatery's, coffee houses, Giants Stadium (or whatever it's called now), the employees are super helpful and nice. Our puppy was welcomed with open arms, and NO CHARGE FOR HIM! They offered him a bed, food, cookies & bowls to eat out of. The room we stayed in was super tiny, but very nicely decorated and clean, clean, clean. At 5:30 every night their is a wine reception down stairs, and in the evenings they serve cookies, at arrival they serve hot cider, etc. It's those things that bring us back when ever we're in SF. The YMCA is right next door if you like a good work out, and Ozuna off of the lobby has excellent Sushi. We ate dinner at Boulevard, excellent too! The price was right and the experience lovely!!!! When I filled out a survey they sent, I actually received a personal email of thanks from the GM, I thought that was over the top service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

What an amazing spot! We came in here late on a Friday night and found a very chipper and friendly front staff. And we were also greeted by Jack Jack, an adorable little dog that was a wonderful greeter after our long trip from NYC. The place was quite easy to find from the Embarcadero spot on BART. Our room wasn't huge but nicely appointed and comfortable. This place was really cool. We missed the wine hour due to a VERY LONG walk up to Golden Gate Park from the hotel. But when we came back, Tina, one of the staff provided us with wine because she thought we could use a glass. This hotel paid such attention to service and courtesy. The front desk was caring and sweet but not pretentious or saccharine. My husband and I have travelled to many hotels due to his work in travel writing - this one stands out. I am definitely going back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CholeBrooklyn_NY
Harbor_Court_Mgr, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Dear CholeBrooklyn_NY,

Thank you for the incredibly flattering review. We sincerely appreciate it and so does Jack Jack.

For those of you that may not know it, the Harbor Court is a pet friendly hotel. The Harbor Court is part of Kimpton Hotels and all of our hotels are pet friendly. In our hotel there is no charge to have a pet in your room and we have no size limitations. We, also, provide water and food bowls, beds, treats and toys for your pet while they are staying with us. Pets love it and so do our guests. They say pets help lower your blood pressure and I have to admit that Jack Jack has done wonders for mine.

If you have left your pet at home, we are happy to loan you one of our pet fish. We have named each one of them and they will be happy to keep you company during your stay.

We do hope we will see you on your next trip to San Francisco.