1,856 results
All reviews ferry building view of the bay wine hour great location milk and cookies rooms are small farmers market kimpton hotel view room complimentary wine wine reception the financial district queen bed an upgrade fisherman's wharf union square valet parking
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2006

Booked our rooms through Hotwire at a cheaper rate for a four-day visit to San Francisco from London, and the hotel exceeded our expectations. All the staff were very friendly and we availed ourselves of the nightly wine tasting, followed by milk and cookies later on - an unusual and pleasant touch. True, rooms are small, but very comfortable and stylish; we knew this before we booked, so weren't surprised. Didn't have a bay view as that's more expensive, but you don't need that as the hotel is right on the Embarcardo - perfect for morning/evening strolls/jogs. Another plus is the Amtrak railway office just across the road (not the train station - that's in Oakland, I think), where you can conviently catch a bus to the station and then travel by those wonderful Amtrak trains to anywhere in the US. Used the YMCA gym next door (again, they were very friendly), and the post office across the road is very handy for sending postcards etc. The BART station from SF International Airport is very close as well (can't remember the name of the stop, though). The Ferry Building is just across the road as well, containing a wide variety of shops and places to eat. Best of all is the ferry that takes you to Sausaulito in about 20/30 minutes, right past Alcatraz. All in all, this was a real find, great value for money and in a wonderful location in a wonderful city.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Londres
Reviewed October 10, 2006

I booked a last minute stay through Hotwire at the Harbor Court Hotel to enjoy a one night stay in San Francisco for Columbus Day. It's a great location close to the Embarcadero Waterfront and the Ferry Building's wonderful shops. I walked to North Beach to watch the Italian Heritage Day Festival and took the underground Muni to shop at the brand new Westfield Shopping Centre which, by the way, has the best food court of any mall I've ever been to.

Mind you, the hotel has great amenities but I felt treated like a second class citizen because I booked my trip through Hotwire. When I checked in, the front desk person told me that all she had available was a full-size bed as all the larger beds were completely sold. I asked for a bayview room and she told me that I would have to pay $50 more to have that.

When I got to my room, I was shocked to see how small it was! At first I couldn't find the television and then I looked up toward the ceiling and saw there was a small flat screen tv in the corner. Then I wondered where the dresser was, and I finally found a drawer underneath my mattress. The bed was a true full-size, and I wondered how my partner would have been able to stay with me had he been there! The bathroom was a good size, though, but I would've given up some of that space to have more room. There was a desk and a chair. Overall, I was amazed at how they utilized such a small space.

After seeing my room, I went downstairs to see if there was a bigger room available but the front desk person told me they were all sold out. I overheard her telling other guests that the YMCA next door was complimentary. When I asked her about it, she said that was only available to those who book directly with the hotel. She told me that I would have to pay a fee to use it.

The pluses with the hotel are definintely the decoration and the decor. It is a very modern looking place that fits the San Francisco style. They also had a nightly wine tasting, fresh chocolate chip cookies at 9 pm, and complimentary coffee/tea service in the mornings. They also delivered a NY Times to my doorstep.

This was my first opportunity to stay at a "boutique" hotel. If I had a bigger room, then I probably would've given this a higher rating than a 3. But I felt that because I ordered this through a third party website that I was treated differently.

If you book directly through the hotel, then I would definitely recommend this place. But if you book it through a third party website, then I would caution you to be not get your hopes up with your room size and service. If you end up with a big room, be thankful and enjoy your stay!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
7  Thank jchato
Reviewed October 4, 2006

You can't beat the price of this cute little hotel. Travelers with disabilities may find it hard to navigate the stairs to the upper lobby. The hotel is on the embarcadero, so it is not very convenient to Union Square or Fisherman's Warf (walking). It would take about 15-20 minutes to walk to either location. However, it is convenient to Muni, Bart and the cable cars if you don't want to walk. The hotel is on the outskirts of the financial district and is easily accessible to businesses near the Embarcadero (South of Market). The nightlife around the hotel is lacking, but there are some excellent restaurants nearby including Boulevard (A+). The hotel has some nice touches including flat screen tvs, great room decor, Aveda toiletries and complimentary evening wine. Those who are on a budget won't feel like they are staying at budget hotel!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank TravelGal415
Reviewed September 19, 2006

This hotel had the smallest rooms I have ever seen in a hotel. They were way over priced and the staff was rude. It was very hot and there was no AC in the rooms. THe only good thing about this hotel was the location. If I were to come back to this area of the city and would dtay next door at the charming Hotel Griffon.

Date of stay: August 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank phillypga
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I had a quick 2 day stay in San Francisco before heading out to Napa/Sonoma and was looking for a home base. The Harbor Court fit the bill perfectly. I took the BART from the airport to the close-by Embarcadero station and walked over the few blocks to the hotel. You can easily grab the F-line over to Pier 39 & Fisherman's Wharf or jump on the California cable car line at the foot of Market. There seemed to be all kinds of transportation options close by. If you are looking to get out for a jog, they provide route maps for various distances along the Embardadero. There are great restaurants right on Steuart St. (I ate at Faz and Ozumo) and plenty of food services in the Ferry Building. You can also pick up a great breakfast at the Saturday morning farmers market behind the Ferry Building. I had a room with an amazing view of the Bay Bridge. And even though they are indeed small, the rooms are funky and bright...not your typical, bland, cookie cutter rooms. My only issue is that there is currently some scaffolding on the front of the building so your view is affected slightly. The staff was very friendly and the daily wine reception seemed to be well attended. I'd stay there again in a second.

Date of stay: August 2006