Harbor Court Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$395
$336
$204
$189
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$408
Hilton.com
$274
$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$466
$254
1,404 results
All reviewsferry buildingview of the baywine hourjapanese restaurant next doorgreat locationrooms are smallfarmers marketview roomcomplimentary winewine receptionmini barboutique hotelthe financial districteach eveninggiants gamef lineunion square
Reviewed February 8, 2014

In the immediate area of my SF office, there are literally only three hotels within a 2-min walk (Harbor Court is one), and sometimes we business travelers want nothing more than a 2-min walk.

An interesting part of the Kimpton portfolio, Harbor Court delivers the warm, consistent, and attentive service that the company is known for. The main floor has a large lobby area ("Living Room") with ample space for relaxing, reading, meeting with co-workers (several tables) and for enjoying that free beer/wine during evening wine hour (5-6pm). The free coffee in the lobby (locally roasted) is also good.

I booked the lowest priced room. My InnerCircle status got me a top floor Queen room with a spectacular view of the Bay Bridge. The room was pretty small, but for SF standards plenty of space to sleep, work and relax. The room was quite clean and well kept (keeping in mind the building is almost 100 years old). The bed was decently comfy (some pretty squeaky springs, though) with soft sheets. The bathroom was small and mostly well-kept. Everything was in working order, including the heat/AC system.

Here you're paying for location, and I feel like the rates are pretty fair for what you get and for the location. Remember to sign up for Kimpton's In Touch program before your stay so you can get free WiFi.

A few things worth noting:
- This is the only Kimpton property I've ever stay where body wash isn't include in the provided bath products...strange
- The Mini Bar fridge (less than 10 inches from my head when sleeping) buzzed loudly all night - a bit annoying
- The blinds are annoying as you have to fasten them on a cleat hook

Will likely consider staying again assuming the price is right.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark M
Melinda M, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hi there, Wow what fantastic feedback! I really appreciate your in-depth look into our property, thanks so much! We're always so happy to have one of our Inner Circle members provide us feedback, and I'm glad to hear that it sounds like we're a winner in your book. Don't forget that we offer discounted day passes for the YMCA next door, a full fitness and wellness facility. Come back soon! Thanks, Melinda

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed at the Harbor Court for business. I am a fan of Kimpton Hotels, and this one was walking distance from my business meetings. I also enjoy the Kimpton lobbies, with friendly staff and the free wine reception in the evenings. The room I had was very small, but wonderfully appointed. I didn't mind that it was small because it was within walking distance of my meetings and so many wonderful restaurants and shops. I belong to their Loyalty program and get some nice benefits, including my favorite newspaper, the New York Times, and "raid the mini-bar" cards. I recommend the Harbor Court.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank caukwiphyllis
Melinda M, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thanks for the feedback! Happy to hear that you're enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your return! Thanks, Melinda

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Absolutely, and without doubt, the worst hotel my wife and I have ever stayed in.

We've travelled a lot in the States and stayed in hotels everywhere and this trip had us staying in the first two hotels we've ever rated one stars. One, The Mirage, I would give another chance, I'd just be aware of how they do things (they were really dumb). But here, this was something entirely different.

On arrival we were told the wording on the Expedia site where we booked the room was "misleading" and the room was not what we booked. We were told the full sized bed we booked was not what we were going to get. We were told (by Chris) that the bed would only fit one person. A discussion ensued. He offered a queen bed upgrade, which after more discussion, and him making it a king bed at the same price, we accepted. He then put the extra room charge on our debit card and to our surprise said he stuck a $500 hold on our card. After a lot more discussion he explained the money was for anything we might spend during our stay. We said we would like it on a credit card and he said it was too late it was on this one and there was nothing he could do. He also wouldn't give me a receipt for the additional charges. He was having problems apparently.

After getting to the World's crappiest upgraded room ever I went down to discuss my issues with the room type we booked as I wasn't really happy about the situation. The girl there, having remembered I wasn't exactly jumping for joy, put me onto the supervisor. A long and interesting conversation ensued with him. Essentially he agreed what Chris said was correct. We discussed/argued for a while which just got me a blank stare that pretty much said 'up yours'.

Getting back home we found the room charge was more than what Chris had said it would be. It appears to have expanded by another $178. No receipt, he was having problems; aahhh, I see.

It was really all unfortunate for us that we had no way to contact Expedia at the time. My phone had packed up and the staff here (Chris) wasn't exactly being the most helpful person ever. We were pretty much up the proverbial creek without a paddle at check-in and with no choices on what we could do.

Anyway, Expedia are in for a run in small claims court due to the issue of additional charges that shouldn't have happened. My wife and are will go back to the Handlery Union Square next time we're in San Francisco. The Handlery is a really nice hotel. I recommend to everyone. This one, not so much.

I also note the manager likes to answer reviews like this. Please feel free not to. I could care less what you say or think. And, really, I wouldn't believe you anyway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BagmanNZ
Melinda M, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

I know you wrote that you don't want me to reply but, since you and your wife wrote 3 separate 1-Star reviews here regarding the same experience, I really feel like you want to hear back! I understand that you were not happy with your check in experience, an am sorry to hear that. After doing some research, I just wanted to explain a couple of things; There were 2 different charges on your card which you were unhappy with - One was for the upgrade you opted for from a room with one double bed, to a Bay View Room with a King bed - Chris was trying to explain that the "Full" bed you were referring to, which you booked, is a very small bed which is also called a "Double", and wanted to give you the option of upgrading before you reached the room. The other was a "hold" on your debit card, as debit cards do not act the same as credit cards. This is a very common procedure with hotel systems, and all 60 of our properties process debit cards this way. The hold is placed to ensure that there are available funds for incidentals such as In-Room Dining, movies, parking, mini-bar etc. Although this hold is released at check out, I understand that this can pose a challenge during your traveling experience, and am truly sorry if this was not clearly explained to you at the time. Thanks, Melinda

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I looked over the last 5 reviews and would agree with all the positive comments. I am not sure I would have been as happy without a harbor view room. The Rooms are small even by European standards. Very comfy bed bathroom adequate size. Staff friendly. Nice continental breakfast brought to our room was included on the price. Our only complaint,and this was a big negative, was the $100 charged to our room for incidentals. We had no extra charges and when we checked out were told we were fine. We were shocked to find $100 charged to our credit card. When we called to find out what had happened we were told about the charge " in case we ran up any charges" They told us that the charge had been credited but it might take a few days to show up. At no time were we told this would happen. We have traveled extensively and have never had this happen before. This is the only reason ifor the three star rating.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank toffeenose

I am so sorry to hear that the $100 hold on your debit card left such a lasting impression on your otherwise pleasant stay. I understand this can put a damper on things when you're traveling! Thanks, Melinda

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Treasure island; Bay Bridge light show; Ferry bldg; unobstructed views for a few extra bucks? Embarcadero!
Room small, but views trump! Stayed near Union Sq recently, but bldgs not as attractive as Bay

• Stayed: January 2014