“Close to the port”

Harbor Court Hotel
Ranked #40 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I spent there a whole week and got nothing to complaint about. I had complimentary breakfasts served in my room as i was tight on schedule and had no time for grabbin sth meanwhile outdoors. Wifi is available, free of charge. Coffee and tea served by the reception. 15 min walk to convention. Another entrance leads you to the embarcadero. I chose this hotel due to logistics and possibility of running every morning throug the piers. Ymca is next to the harbor court but no interference there. Nice recommendation.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,360)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have had such good stays at Kimpton hotels, this one was a bit disappointing. The hotel is located across from the far end of the Embarcadero and we booked a harbor view room for our 10th anniversary. The view was tremendous, but the room was small and a bit drab. The night we arrived, we were pretty shocked at the sticker price for valet parking, $54 per night. It was a mild slap in the face to discover the very next weekend the hotel offered parking gratis.

In all fairness, it was very nice to find a bottle of sparkling wine and some chocolates along with a happy anniversary card when we arrived in our room. The problem occurred the next day. We were out of the room until early afternoon and when we returned ,the room was not serviced. We stopped at the desk on the way out to let them know and when we returned 3 hours later, surprise, the room was still not serviced. I was so disappointed the manager took the parking off the bill.

The afternoon wine hour was prettty disappointing as well. The staff were all very pleasant, but I really don't feel this hotel is up to the standards we have come to expect from Kimpton.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a harbor view room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had a one night stay with an early meeting on Spear Street the following day. The hotel is very cozy with a nice boutique style feel and well appointed rooms. It's also connected to a YMCA with 3 floors of gym and fitness space available for $10 a day, which was a nice addition. I got in fairly late, so I didn't really feel like going out of my way to find a restaurant for dinner after 9PM. Thankfully there is also an awesome Sushi/Fusion restaurant and lounge next door, also attached, called Ozumo. I'd highly recommend that as well. Overall a perfect one night stay, with easy access to trams and the waterfront.

Room Tip: I got a King upgrade for a few bucks extra at the last minute, didn't stay in the standard room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Staff was the best-from all aspects of the hotel. Everyone pro, smiles and offer to assist at all times. Enjoyed the amenities and social aspect of wine hour. Room was Great. Have stayed in Kimpton b4 and this one was the best yet. Kudos to hotel staff on creating a great hotel atmosphere while we visited SF

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Luv2kayak2
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Harbor Court. The hotel is in a great location - walking distance to Market Street, the trams, Embarcadero, and many top restaurants like Boulevard and Coqueta.

The main lobby is very inviting - lots of seating areas, friendly and helpful staff, free bikes, complimentary water. They also set out wine around 5pm, and cookies and milk at 9pm. Really nice added touches that I really appreciated.

This was my first time in SF and experience with boutique hotels. The rooms were tastefully decorated, quiet, clean and comfortable. Smaller than what I'm used to for the price we paid, but that seems to be the norm in SF. Our rate also included complimentary continental breakfast, which was delivered to our room each morning. Wi-Fi was free if you signed up for their loyalty program.

I would absolutey stay here again, and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aymie R
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed at the Harbor Court Hotel for two nights on a business trip. The room was nice, but what really stood out about my stay was the consistently excellent customer service. I needed a document printed out at 9pm? No problem. Someone from the front desk printed it and brought it right to my room. I forgot my tie at home? Chris at the front desk lent me his own personal tie - a brand new, unopened tie, I should add - and let me use it for the two days I was there. If this isn't "above and beyond," I don't know what is. Laura at the front desk was also particularly helpful, deftly fielding my requests and questions. Everyone working at this hotel was super nice and friendly. And did I mention that the hotel provides complimentary freshly baked cookies every night at 9pm, and complimentary coffee in the morning? This was a hotel I was glad to come back to at the end of two longs days, and that I hope to come back to on my next trip to SF.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank AndrewStevenJ
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel was in the perfect location for our weekend in San Francisco, downtown, across from the Embarcadero Ferry Terminal and close to the America's Cup parks. It was also close to the Alcatraz ferry and other sights. The Farmers Market and great food shops in the Terminal are also great.

The hotel offers a lovely evening gathering for wine and light snacks in the Living Room, a gracious touch to unwind before heading out for the evening. Similarly coffee in the morning is very pleasant. Our views of the Bay and the Bay Bridge were super.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple