We stayed at the Harbor Court for 2 nights during Labor Day weekend. First of all, I know that boutique hotels in San Francisco can be on the small side and in older buildings, so I always keep my expectations in check. Here are pros & cons:
- The room was a little on the worn side (nicks on furniture, scuffs on wall, etc.), but not gross or anything just needs a little "freshening up".
- We had an interior room that had no view, so it was really dark during the day.
- If you leave the lobby and turn left, be aware that there are a lot of homeless sleeping on the street. This is probably due to the fact that the small triangle area between the hotel and the Gap building is currently being used for construction staging.
+ We booked a king size bed & I thought the room was going to be very cramped, but was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean.
+ The bathroom was nice & was stocked with quality bath product (can't remember the brand). Also, nice that they have a little menu of complimentary items that you can get delivered to your room (i.e. - shaving cream, toothpaste, etc.).
+ The Kimpton Hotels always has nice extras at their hotels (i.e. - coffee in the morning, wine reception in the afternoon, cookies at night, bikes to rent, etc.). Also, if you have a kid w/ you, request a free Kid's Backpack, which includes a deck of cards, bottle of bubbles, yoyo, etc.
Overall, this is pretty nice hotel in good location on the Embarcadero. It is kinda pricey for what you get, but you are in a great, central location & they do make up for it by giving you extra amenities & perks.
By the way, you can get away w/ not paying for hotel parking on the weekend if you park just a few blocks away on Folsom Street. Parking meters in the area are free after 6p.m. and don't start up again until 9am (Mon-Sat) and 12pm (Sun).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor Court Hotel, a stunning boutique hotel on the San Francisco waterfront, features unobstructed views of the bay, the Bay Bridge and Treasure Island. The spectacular location is complemented by the hotel's luxurious and stylishly designed rooms. Adjacent to a state-of-the-art YMCA (open to guests), the Harbor Court Hotel is within easy walking of the Ferry Building Marketplace, the Financial District, AT&T Park, the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square and North Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Harbor Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimpton San Francisco