“Right where we wanted to be”
Review of Harbor Court Hotel

Harbor Court Hotel
Ranked #52 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago
“Right where we wanted to be”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The biggest asset of this hotel is the location. We could look out the window and gape at the Bay Bridge that was located only 2 blocks from the hotel. We could walk out the door and be on the Embarcadero; we were 2 blocks from the streetcar stop and the Ferry Building; and we were right in the middle of lots of restaurants. The rooms are a little small but very clean and efficient. The staff was more than accommodating and very friendly. Lastly, it was very nice to have free wine at 5 in the hotel big warm "living room"and warm cookies available in the lobby after dinner. We would definitely go back there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pixelpanderer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had a one night stay in SFO and thought I would try this hotel. Signed up online beforehand and joined their loyalty programe which entitled me to a mini bar voucher which was a nice touch and came in handy. From the moment I stepped in the door I was impressed with the friendly and eye engaging communication of the staff. Check in was pleasant, the staff member who showed me to my room provided lots of useful information and even got me some ice from the ice machine whilst I settled into my room. The Kimpton touches such as happy hour and cookies and milk really personalize the experience. The room was small and facing an inner courtyard which worked well for me because I wanted silence more than I wanted a view. Bed extremely comfortable. The bathroom could have done with a shelf to place toiletries and a stronger light. The hotel booked me a car to the airport and the driver was extremely nice. Another two guests tried to take my ride so make sure whoever books your ride takes both your name and the room number.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay, the hotel prides itself on its Kimpton hospitality and they delivered on it. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melinda M, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I am looking forward to sharing this review with my team today, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm so happy to hear that you felt at home with us, and that your room suited your need for peace and quiet. Hope to see you next time. Thanks, Melinda
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Arrived earlier than the official check in time on a busy weekend and despite my grumpy demeanor for having to wait a few hours for our room the staff rewarded my inconvenience with a nice bottle of wine and heartfelt apologies. It's service like this that spoils me and keeps me loyal to Kimpton. Small rooms but a lovely gem of a hotel. Thank you Sandi and the Harbor Court staff for your gracious hospitality.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank mdnewton
Melinda M, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
And you are a gem of a guest! Thank you for being so loyal to Kimpton! I'm sorry to hear that you had to wait for your room, but very glad to hear that Sandi took steps to make sure you were happy! We'll be looking forward to your return! Thanks, Melinda
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Neat, pet-friendly hotel with energetic staff, seemingly pleased and proud to work at a hotel that hosts hot mulled cider with bourbon at 5pm, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and whole milk at 9pm, and coffee and hot cocoa in the morning. Even the guests are friendly and interactive, like an old European guest house type hotel. Many restaurants with outdoor patios, on the same block as the hotel, filled with people at dinner hour in February! Pleasant last minute stop for us on a Friday night, with our miniature poodle. Well appointed rooms, even the queen bed luxurious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for choosing us for your last-minute stay in the city! Happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our location, employees and other guests, as well as our fun and tasty treats...Please come visit again...and bring your miniature poodle with you! Thanks, Melinda
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I flew to San Francisco on February 1st to visit our son, who is in the U.S.A.F., and to see The Who concert at Oracle Arena. When we parked in front of the hotel, staff member Luis met us at the car and made the parking experience easy. The staff at the front desk were friendly and professional. We had 2 rooms and thanks to the staff had great bay views from both. Staff members Sandi, Daniel and Neil went above and beyond for our son with a bottle of wine and chocolates, and a very nice note thanking him for his service. The rooms are nicely appointed and housekeeping does a great job. The room and bathroom were on the smaller side, but to be expected in a historic hotel. Unless you're planning to spend your time in San Francisco in your room, it's not an issue. The hotel is close to a BART station, which made travelling to and from the concert easy. Bottom line- we received great service from a friendly and professional staff, good restaurants were close by, we saw a great concert and thoroughly enjoyed the view and our stay at the Harbor View.

Room Tip: The view from bay side rooms are great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Melinda M, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I have mixed emotions right now...I couldn't be happier to hear about your wonderful stay, but am so dissapointed that I missed The Who! That must have been such a fantastic show!

Thank you - SO much, for taking the time to not only write this review, but to also put the spotlight on Luis, Sandi, Daniel and Neil for their spectacular guest service! I couldn't agree more, they are the best, and a blast to work with!

Please come back and visit us again, and let me know when you do! melinda.macfarlane@harborcourthotel.com. Thanks, Melinda
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Another wonderful Kimpton property and well maintained. The room was very small but we did have a view of the bay outside our window. The Bay Bridge lit up at gift was a sight to behold. We enjoyed the wine in the lobby with some friends before going out to dinner. The hotel is close to many wonderful places to eat, shop or people watch. Always a winner when we travel.

Stayed December 2012
1 Thank M P
I'm so happy you were able to enjoy the "Bay Lights" from your room! This is an art display that we are lucky enough to enjoy for the next 2 years. Come back and visit us again once the full ligh show has begun on March 5th! Thanks, Melinda
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over a weekend and enjoyed the hotel and the immediate area. The hotel is small as are the rooms, but the service from the front desk and housekeeping was outstanding. Our room faced the bay and had a great view of the Bay Bridge. We were within walking distance of many very good restaurants, downtown and AT&T Park. There is not much parking on the street during the day but spaces are numerous after the offices close so valet may not be needed. Typically, San Francisco is one tough city in which to find street parking so one will at some time or other use a public or private lot. The valet service at the Harbor Court is excellent with very courteous and relatively quick service.

We saw serveral dogs as this hotel is animal friendly so we will plan to bring our pooch for a visit the next time we stay here. The area is relatively quiet on weekends and one does not feel he is in a busy and traffic filled city. Except for auto traffic on the Embarcadero there was not much auto traffic on Saturday or Sunday on the blocks near the hotel but there were countless pedestrians going in and out of restaurants and hiking along the waterfront.

Stayed December 2012
Please definitely let us know when you will be bringing your pooch for a visit with us! We have our ways of making our four-legged guests just as happy and our two-legged ones! We will be sure to hold one of our fido-friendly rooms for you, and send special amenities as well. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks, Melinda