“Upgraded rooms! Looks better than ever.”
Review of Harbor Court Hotel

Harbor Court Hotel
Ranked #42 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed again and was very happily surprised to find the rooms had gotten a little brightening, new plantation shutters on the windows, new sheets and towels. It was looking pretty good! New social events too, a 6pm movie in the lobby/social hall, expanded wine hour, apples out all day... two new bikes to borrow at any time to ride the city. And, even friendlier. I know, it sounds like crazy gushing, but I did notice quite a lot of nice new things that made my stay even better. But mostly - Harbor Court has the most comfortable beds of anyplace I've stayed. Really.

Room Tip: If you're part of the Kimpton Hotel's online club you can use your monthly secret password a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Melinda M, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you so much for noticing! We've been having a blast over here coming up with ways to suprise and delight you even more, and I have to say, it's just as much fun for us! More to come this year! -Melinda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,370)

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The bay view rooms are worth the slightly extra cost -- the view is magnificent! Perks like wine hour, morning coffee, cookies, morning paper make you feel as if you are staying with friends. Be sure to join Kimpton In-Touch as well -- $10 mini bar credit and free wifi.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Melinda M, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Love the photo- Thank you for posting! I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we'll see you next time! Melinda

Reviewed February 6, 2013

It is the personal touches which made our recent stay at Harbor Court great. Friendly and courteous staff who use your name, extend small courtesies, and show a real interest in their guests' comfort and well-being made us feel as if we were staying with friends in their well located mansion along the San Francisco waterfront. Complimentary late afternoon beverage service (wine, beer, and sodas), evening warm cookies and milk, and cheetah bathrobes complement the attentive staff and help to make the stay one of our most pleasantly memorable hotel experiences.

Room Tip: The bayview rooms are more expensive but worth it.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We spent our last night here before flying back to Australia and we were not disappointed. We try and stay at Kimpton Hotels when we can and the Harbor Court was central to all our needs. The room was spacious but the bathroom a tad small. Although we could not be accommodated for a later checkout as the hotel was fully booked, we were able to use the facilities of the hotel till we left for the airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very cozy room, friendly staff, and prompt / reliable service. The free milk and cookies are a bonus as well. Good location and fast and efficient valet parking. Will definitely be staying there again soon. I recommend being a free InTouch member for a $10 credit toward the mini bar.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thanks for the Kimpton In Touch shout out...and don't forget that when you sign up, you also receive complimentary Wi-Fi, your choice of newspaper delivered to your room, pillow preference, & special offers for our hotels and restaurants! -Melinda

Reviewed January 29, 2013

So I was planning a getaway weekend with my wife and dogs to San Francisco. I wanted to drive out there Saturday morning but my wife insisted to drive out there Friday night and get there as soon as possible. Happy wife, happy wife right? So we pack everything up and we are off at 10 pm Friday night.

A long road trip later, we get there at 5 am Saturday morning. Tired, we just wanted to get to our rooms, but we knew we were too early. So I decided to go in and see if Harbor Court would help us out.

Vaughn helped us out. He went out of his way to help us find a room at 5 am, and helped us get to our room. He even got us a second dog bed for our dogs. The room was perfect. I can't stress how much a little help went a long way. The hotel stay was perfect and they even wrote our dogs names as visitors in the dog chalkboard near the lobby.

Thanks again for the awesome experience.

P.S. - Point Isabel Dog Park is the best dog park I've seen :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Melinda M, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

I'm so happy to hear we were able to get you checked in and all cozy at 5am...I'm sure you needed a nap after that long drive! Thanks for mentioning Vaughn's name...I get so excited when our guests take the time to remember their names, and will share this great review with him, thank you! Melinda

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The staff here is beyond awesome! Daniel and Alexis were so gracisous and went over and above to make us feel Special. We were celebrating my Lover's Bday and upon hearing of how we me and flew in to celebrate him. They promptly sent up a Bottle of Wine and 3 deliscious deserts. Wine Happy Hour was fun and seeing the dogs and their owners in the lobby was priceless. We borrowed the Orange Bikes in the lobby ( they have 4 total) and rode to the Golden Gate Bridge. The staff let us keep them all day and I can not tell you how much fun and how much attention we got on these ORANGE bikes, Everyone everywhere loved them! Te location of this hotel is awesome. Right by the Ferry Bldg and next to fine dining at the Boulevard and OZUMO- whihch we absolutley loved! All in all it was just the perfect Blissful experience and we Highly recommend staying here. What a beautiful weekend we shared here with our room with Bay Bridge views. Just stunning! We wil surely stay here again! I Love all the Kimpton Hotels but this one stole my heart with its warmth anch charming staff! A memorable time!!!! Thank you for making our weekend spectacular!

Room Tip: ask for the Bay Views, Well wortht he upgrade, Therooms are small but who cares, it is charmimg
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

You have to know that I get goose bumps all over with a review like this! Seriously...my team and I have so much fun coming up with ways of surprising you with ways to make your stay even more fun and delectable...and even more fun when we get to read about our hits! Thank you so much for choosing us to celebrate a Birthday, I'm so glad you enjoyed the wine and local dessert from the Ferry building! i will make sure to share this response with Daniel and Alexis! Thank you, Melinda