We stayed at the Handlery as part of a Californian round trip. The hotel is situated right off Union Square which is boarded by loads of shops of the chain store variiety. The hotel itself, from the outside, is nothing to look at. However, inside, the check-in staff and the concierge are very helpful and efficent. The hotel is built in a square with only 3 floors and the pool is in the centre of the hotel. The rooms are large and very well appointed, with balconies overlooking the pool. Large super kingsize beds, tv, minibar etc - fairly standard American rooms but very well appointed and very clean. Its only a short walk to Chinatown but a good walk from Fishermans Wharf. As a hotel I would recommend but some distance from the touristy bit of San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Handlery Union Square Hotel is located in the heart of San Francisco's Union Square, within walking distance of world class shops, the Moscone Center, and the Powell Street cable car line. All 377 rooms feature wireless Internet access, mini refrigerators, and in-room safes. Enjoy traditional accommodations in the Historic Section or luxurious, oversized rooms in the Premier Section. The hotel features on site valet parking, an outdoor heated pool, sauna, and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Handlery Union Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Handlery Union Square San Francisco
- Hotel Handlery Union Square
- Handlery Hotel San Francisco