4,392 results
All reviews historic section union square daily grill restaurant premier section great location older part premier room breakfast vouchers o'farrell street cable car heated pool our honeymoon breakfast was included travel agent hop on hop stayed here for nights central location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

San Fran has its fair share of crappy hotels but this isn’t one of them.

Perfect for a 1 week business trip.

Nice spacious rooms, good quality (and healthy) room service, central location and close to subway, decent gym and helpful staff. Most importantly - I felt like I got value for money.

I highly recommend the vegetable plate for those wanting to eat healthy. The attached restaurant “Daily Grill” was consistently superb.

My only criticism would be the bell / baggage man on my final day when departing for the airport. Despite telling him that I wanted to order an Uber, he tried to tell me that Uber was terrible and taxi was much cheaper. I don’t appreciate having crappy and more expensive services pushed onto me when I know they are exactly that.

Aside from my experience with the dinosaur at the door, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Btrain_3000
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location of this hotel is fantastic. The rooms are comfy, nice beds, all very clean. Everything you need to use as a base for exploring San Fran.

The service at the hotel lets it down. Staff at reception could be better, and staff in the restaurant for breakfast rude and unhelpful.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So clean, staff all very friendly, food amazing, cannot fault anything. We didn’t use the pool but it looked very clean when we went to have a look. We spent 3 nights here at the start of our honeymoon as a base for sightseeing in San Francisco, the location couldn’t of been better, lots of restaurants, diners, bars and Union Square less than a minute walk away. Room very comfy and clean, comfy bed which was needed after a long day walking around! Hope to go back very soon.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carl S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is in good location, handy for cable cars and Muni transport. Lots of places to eat nearby and close to shops if that's what you want. Hotel was fine, clean with friendly staff but decor a little dated.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thryn_13
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So I must confess I was a little nervous about my stay after reading such mixed reviews, but I had a great stay. I was there for 7 nights. This is a big hotel.

My room was fine. I asked for a room on the rear side of the hotel so as to avoid noise on the busy street and this was accommodated. Sleep quality was excellent. Not the biggest room or bed, but it was really dark and quiet.

Loved the location, it's great to get around the city and there are lots of bars and restaurants near by.

Staff were friendly enough, especially in the Daily Grill restaurant, which has a good beer selection.

All in all a fine stay and I'd stay again.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business