Our hotel of choice the past few visits to San Francisco has been the Handlery in Union Square. After trying out a couple other areas, we have found Union Square to be ideal for us: near to many museums, art galleries, fine restaurants, quaint neighborhoods (short walks to Chinatown, Nob Hill, North Beach, the Embarcadero, etc.). The rooms are decently appointed, but nothing special. We used the pool & the business center. The concierge was helpful. Main drawback was expensiveness. True, it IS summer tourist season, and we did stay on the weekend, but we never paid so much for a hotel....OR the parking. Considerably more than we paid in NYC on our 2 visits there this year. Would return here again, but not on a weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Handlery Union Square Hotel is located in the heart of San Francisco's Union Square, within walking distance of world class shops, the Moscone Center, and the Powell Street cable car line. All 377 rooms feature wireless Internet access, mini refrigerators, and in-room safes. Enjoy traditional accommodations in the Historic Section or luxurious, oversized rooms in the Club Section. The hotel features on site valet parking, an outdoor heated pool, sauna, and room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Handlery Union Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Handlery Union Square San Francisco
- Hotel Handlery Union Square
- Handlery Hotel San Francisco