“Excellent place to stay ”

Handlery Union Square Hotel
Ranked #72 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

The Handlery was recommended to me by a colleague, and I had a chance to stay here on a recent work trip. I enjoyed my stay here very much. It has a lovely European feeling to it in the decor and in that the rooms are cozy and clean and you're always meeting people from around the world. It was also much quieter than the larger hotels in the area. The pool area is lovely and well maintained, and there is a business centre where you can print your boarding pass for free. My room was clean and comfortable, and I felt safe at all times. The staff here was extremely nice and patient. I saw them trying to get a translator for a couple who only spoke Italian, and the man helping them was very kind. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in San Francisco.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Matilda_26

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in Aug. First of all its a city hotel so you will get some noise but the hotel provide ear plugs and to be honest we didn't really notice it. The location is perfect right in the middle of union square. There are some good restaurants nearby especially the one to the right as you come out of the hotel, a super cheap evening meal restaurant. Also if you do the city tour the bus has two stops next to the hotel one before and one after the golden gate stop so that became very handy. Its about a 10 min taxi ride to the piers and costs around 12 dollars for this. Very clean hotel, does have pool but we didn't use it. very nice staff. car parking available, quite expensive but then its a city and it always is. think it was 40ish dollars a night. San fran is amazing and has become one of my favourite places ive ever been to. overall excellent

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank drfc76
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Brilliant experience! This was our first time in San Francisco and it was brilliant! The hotel was amazing! We were greeted nicely and helped with our bags and checked in almost straight away! Our room was overlooking the street which was really good but a bit annoying at 6:00 in the morning, becasue of the sound and the fact that there were no curtains, just a blind. The breakfasts were delicious and they also gave us 6 free vouchers. The wifi worked really well and was very useful. The dinner was delicious and although they mucked up the order once, the waitress IMMEDIATELY offered us a complimentary dessert, which i can honestly say was the best thing i have EVER tasted! The location is fantastic, right near all the shops! Defo recommend this hotel!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Fraser M
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Stayed here for three days brilliant location easy to get to everything on foot near to Macy's and all other shops withing walking distances to hop on hop off bus etc never used the pool it was too cold a historic room is better

Room Tip: We had a traditional room which was lovely and large
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The handelry hotel was a brilliant place to stay, it was my first time in San fransisco and despite being on a noisy road,this did not bother me slightly and they provide earplugs if you didn't like noise
The room we had was very nice, the bed were made up and very comfortable and the loo and shower were completey clean. The breakfast At the hotel was brilliant there was lots of choice and the food was delicious! So was the dinner. Overall I think it was the perfect place to stay if you want to be near the shops and I would definitely come back again!!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Beets M
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I liked this hotel very much, Nice room in the historic part of the Hotel very clean and room was a good size. The location of the hotel is great everything is within easy walking distance. As with any city centre hotel do prepare for a little noice this is out of the hotel's control but do provide ear plugs for getting to sleep, I enjoyed the city view so we where not fazed by the noice. Had a very enjoyable stay and will 100% recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank liverpat
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed here as the second part of our honeymoon. The service at reception was fantastic, we were given a room which was lovely but unfortunately was a little noisy for my liking therefore we went back to reception and were given the option of viewing 3 further rooms, and we eventually decided on a room on the 8th floor which was fantastic. The room was of good size, clean and had all that was required for a city break and the hotel is based in perfect position to explore the city.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple