yes the hotel is old and cramped but the beds were comfortable even though they are small for a double. The location is the best.The staff were fantastic, and best of all the breakfast was included in the price, and the restaurant is so fantastic- great! The restaurant is popular as it has a good reputation. Around the corner from the hotel is an Italian cafe/restaurant the only place we saw all holidays that had salad on display- and they were fantastic. Also struggled for two weeks trying to get a decent coffee and this place knows how to make coffee- got to love Italians for coffee! We ate there often. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants location service and a decent bed- but not for those who want a showcase room to sleep in. My daughter did wonder if the place was haunted! but I can tell you no bumps in the night! Just happy snoring!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Handlery Union Square Hotel is located in the heart of San Francisco's Union Square, within walking distance of world class shops, the Moscone Center, and the Powell Street cable car line. All 377 rooms feature wireless Internet access, mini refrigerators, and in-room safes. Enjoy traditional accommodations in the Historic Section or luxurious, oversized rooms in the Club Section. The hotel features on site valet parking, an outdoor heated pool, sauna, and room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Handlery Union Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Handlery Union Square San Francisco
- Hotel Handlery Union Square
- Handlery Hotel San Francisco