Handlery Union Square Hotel
$225
$208
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$212
$222
$220
$208
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$310
$239
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$418
$323
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$419
$254
$279
$209
  • Room Service
4,209 results
All reviewshistoric sectionunion squaredaily grill restaurantpremier sectiongreat locationpremier roombreakfast voucherso'farrell streetolder partcable carheated poolbreakfast was includedour honeymoontravel agenthop on hopstayed here for nightscentral location
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I stayed at the Handlery Hotel for 2 nights with friends while we explored San Francisco then for another 2 nights with my wife and toddler. We had a family suite.

I was very impressed with the quality of the hotel and the helpfulness of the staff. I had dislocated my shoulder mountain biking and the front desk and concierge were always attentive. The staff at the Daily Grill were patient and helpful while I fed my toddler breakfast with one arm and the cleaning staff were likewise friendly and kind to a curious little toddler bothering them.

I will be staying at the Handlery Hotel on my next trip to San Francisco. My only issue was with a little drumming noise coming from the street (which was quickly diagnosed and dealt with).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mikekb
HusbandofMargaret, Owner at Handlery Union Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Dear Mikekb,
Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor and I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry to hear about your shoulder but I am happy that our staff was attentative to your needs. We hope to have you back with us in the near future and I have always enjoyed my visits to your lovely city.

Cheers,

Reviewed September 9, 2011

As a family we stayed at the Handlery. After a long and tiring flight reception was very friendly and and the bell boy helped us swiftly to our room. We had booked a premium room and it was roomy, comfortable, clean and luxurious. The only down turn was that our room was next to the elevator, which was a bit noisy. Fortunately it was not to disturbing and we all slept well in the comfortable beds. We particularly want to thank concierge Ed Zappia. After we lost our voucher for a bus tour he mediated with the tour operator and made it possible for us to go after all. With that he saved a considerable part of out stay in San Francisco. Great job Ed, you saved the day for us, thanks a million! The hotel is conveniently close to wonderful Union Square and the cable cars. If we ever return to San Francisco we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a premium room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Love_leaving
HusbandofMargaret, Owner at Handlery Union Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2011

Dear Love_Leaving,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Handlery. I was glad to see you enjoyed our hotel and location and will pass on your praise of Ed to him. I am pleased to have him on our team. I have only been to Amsterdam once and I really need to get back as my experience in your country was fantastic. Thanks again for choosing the Handlery.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

A good location near Union Square. Also, one block from a cable car stop. A good Irish pub next door...Lefty O'Douls...serving good breakfasts.
The public areas are good,but the rooms are looking a little tired in some areas, bearing in mind the price of this hotel.
A choice of 'street view' rooms or 'quiet rooms'; the quiet rooms are quiet, but are a fair walk from the lobby. Didn't use the pool, but it looked quite nice.
Only used the restaurant once but the menu was fine...typical USA fare and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If you are happy with a walk to the lobby, choose a 'quiet room'.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonyBHampshireUK

Dear TonyBHampshireUK,
Thank you for staying with us and I was pleased that you generally enjoyed your stay. I agree that Lefty's, Johnny Foley's and the Daily Grill are great local hangouts to experience. We hope to have you come back across the pond in the near future. Thanks again for choosing the Handlery.

Cheers,

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Came here on the recommendation of friends, who stayed here a few years ago and were also staying in a nearby room when I was there. Hotel has been there awhile, but well maintained overall. We stayed in the premier rooms in back that looked out over the pool. Room was large. Bed was comfortable and the balcony was a nice touch. The pool was old school deep and crystal clear. Generally very satisfied with my stay there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Louisjam,
Thank you for staying with us and posting your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and liked the fact that we have an outdoor pool and balconies in our Premier Section. We look forward to having back from the Big Apple soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

This hotel has a great location. It's just around the corner from the tram stop to Fishermans Wharf and is also close to the shops and some good restaurants. The staff were friendly and the hotel generally clean. My major complaint was with the size and location of our triple room - firstly, it wasn't large enough to swing a cat, secondly it was very dark and finally it was situated so close to the kitchen vents that the room constantly smelled of cooked/fried food! Having said that we didn't visit SF in order to sit in our room all day so the room being so small was more of an inconvenience rather than a problem.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
HusbandofMargaret, Owner at Handlery Union Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear AMK50,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about our hotel. I was pleased that you generally enjoyed your stay and our location. I apologize for any odors from the kitchen and I am personally following up with the restaurant manager of the issue you brought to my attention. Thank you again for your feedback.