$199
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

$257
$181
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

$334
$176
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

$231
$206
InterContinental
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $301/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$241
$215
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $281/night.

$196
$179
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $285/night.

$264
$189
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $257/night.

$244
$239
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $302/night.

$232
$205
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $318/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$472
$220
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $329/night.

All reviewsocean viewwalking distance to the beachmini fridge and microwavegreat locationbasic hotelsized bedquiet at nightfirst floorcalled the front deskcomfortable bedsthe golden gate bridgeblockprosconsrateswharf
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Having read some of the reviews I was a bit skeptical. However, having made a late decision to meet up with our son & his wife in SF there were almost no 2 bed motel/hotel rooms available by the time we started looking and most anything near city center were well over $200 a nite for very modest & potentially noisy accommodations. So we tried this. Pluses were that it was a big room with a sitting area with a small table, nice TV and close access to the beach. Also easy bus access to the Legion of Honor Museum - Bus 18 right to the door. Also our son & his wife are vegetarians and they found several eating spots in the neighborhood off Judah. We were able to take the Judah Street street car (Route N) directly there from the main stations on Market. (4-5 block walk.) There seemed to be some decent restaurants on Irving along that route and it brings you close to the park. The beds were decent and it appeared that our room (109) had been redone with new furniture, recently. Negatives were it being far out, a small bathroom - though not as small as our Days Inn room near Oakland Airport - and signs of age here and there, like a stained faucet and some peeling plaster. One review complained of mildew. I was checking for that but just had a sense of a lot of moisture in the room, which makes sense near the ocean. Check In behind the glassed in counter and the fact that there was no secure storage for our bags after checkout made it feel a bit "ify". Just being in a different part of the City was fun for a change. It was definitely clean.

Room Tip: For Ocean View you'd want to be above ground floor. I also don't know if all the rooms have been remodeled. You might want to ask.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JesseSeattle_WA
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed there recently with my mother. We were concentrating on activities in Golden Gate park. We stayed in room 208. The beds and bedding were comfortable. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge. Granted there was no coffee maker in the room, but we got coffee and rolls at the AM/PM right behind the Inn. There is a restaurant right next door, although we didn't eat there. After we figured out how to use the heater it was fine (a little noisy, but this is not a new place. The room was clean and spacious.

We didn't feel unsafe at any time, all large cities have homeless people and none we saw were aggressive or even approached us. We paid 155.00 for 2 qu (before taxes and other fees), which is reasonable for S.F.. Parking at the Inn was free. The desk clerks were very helpful and anytime I needed something she would pop out from behind the "Glassed in desk" and get me a map, or even go outside and point out directions for me. It was virtually across the street from Golden Gate Park and near a shuttle stop that runs on the weekends and is free. Just up the Great Highway is the Beach Chalet restaurant with great views of the ocean and a historical building. A little further north is the Cliff House, another great place to eat (both are kind of pricey, but great places). One street South from the Inn is Irvine Street which has all sorts of markets, restaurants etc.. I would definatley go back to the Great Highway Inn

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank lj3650
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We made reservations through Travelocity. We arrived at 4:00 p.m. We were given the 2nd floor room 201 and it was a clean sparse room. It had a large TV that worked nicely. Cool night 1/30/12 & the heater worked great. The bathroom was very clean. I think the people who complained about having to pay ahead of time did not seem to be a problem for us, and also the lady's behind a plexiglass, just think where they are located and how long it might take to get a police officer there. Make a reservation in advance and I think you will get a good room. They even told us where to park our car which was next to the office. We felt very safe. I was a patient at UCSF and they do give discounts to UCSF Patients. I have no complaints. Oh yes I asked to see the room BEFORE I paid. If I had not liked it I would have asked to see another one. Good Advise.

Room Tip: Second floor behind the staircase, cuts the road noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank CATooty
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This Motor Inn (not a hotel) in any other area would be rated a 1-star for the following reasons:

The desk clerks (male and female) are behind a security glass window and all transactions are made via a slide-through access similar to banks so the initial impression is not a good sign. I, as well as the previous review, was annoyed that I had to pay up front for the room ($175/night for two queen beds) and I agree this is non-standard and made the place seem sketchy.

The hallways are exterior, facing toward the road and cars pull in vertical to the rooms. The entrance doors to the rooms sit less than 30 feet from the street so there was constant traffic noise that we heard from the interior of our room.

There are obvious, big security cameras facing all exterior hallways (another bad sign). The exterior of the hotel is in dire need of repair, In various places of the hallways there are areas of disintegrating stucco, there are no screens on the windows and the rooms' entrance doors and locks are badly scratched and worn.

Inside our room, there were two queen beds, two pillows on each bed, no extra blankets. There was an 18" tube TV (!), no internet or WIFI. The air conditioner was a wall unit that roared all night long and we had no choice but to use it for some kind of room ventilation because we didn't feel safe to open the window for fresh air.

There was a granite 12x12 patch in the granite shower because the mixer valve was leaking and it had to be repaired. There is no blow dryer. The toilet was crooked, the towels and washclothes were rough and dinged yellow. The shower was slow to drain. The shower curtain at the bottom was moldy and had a horrible odor. There were stains on the wall behind the toilet.

Maybe this Motor Inn justifies its $200 ($175 including taxes and hotel fee) per night rate because its the only hotel located just south of Golden Gate park on the Great Highway across from the ocean, but you have to cross two busy streets to get to the ocean. We stayed at this Motor Inn because it was close and convenient to the special event in Golden Gate Park so I assume the exorbitant rate was the gouging by this Motor Inn for the special event.

I would not recommend staying here for any other reason.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
11  Thank PetuniaCake
Reviewed September 17, 2011

You know it's a bad sign when you check in at 8:45 PM (i.e, not that late) and you have to stand outside while the desk clerk is behind plexiglass. It was dark and creepy and as a woman staying alone, it did not feel fully safe. I had planned on going out for some milk after I checked in, but I ended up locking myself in my room until morning. I was also quite annoyed to have to pay up front for my room! ($135/night for a queen bed). This is pretty nonstandard, in my experience, and made the place seem all the more sketchy.

Some other details: This is a motel, not a hotel (so, doors open to the outside, not to an interior hallway), no internet, room was clean and relatively large, some parts in good condition and some run-down, amazing location right across the street from the beach, convenient to SF State, there was a restaurant attached but it never seemed to be open.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business