$279
$207
$214
InterContinental
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $310/night.

$221
InterContinental
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $333/night.

$210
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $249/night.

$189
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$241
$215
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $337/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$475
$220
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $312/night.

$183
$179
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $298/night.

$237
$225
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $292/night.

All reviewsocean viewwalking distance to the beachmini fridge and microwavegreat locationbasic hotelsized bedquiet at nightfirst floorcalled the front deskcomfortable bedsthe golden gate bridgeblockprosconsrateswharf
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This Motor Inn (not a hotel) in any other area would be rated a 1-star for the following reasons:

The desk clerks (male and female) are behind a security glass window and all transactions are made via a slide-through access similar to banks so the initial impression is not a good sign. I, as well as the previous review, was annoyed that I had to pay up front for the room ($175/night for two queen beds) and I agree this is non-standard and made the place seem sketchy.

The hallways are exterior, facing toward the road and cars pull in vertical to the rooms. The entrance doors to the rooms sit less than 30 feet from the street so there was constant traffic noise that we heard from the interior of our room.

There are obvious, big security cameras facing all exterior hallways (another bad sign). The exterior of the hotel is in dire need of repair, In various places of the hallways there are areas of disintegrating stucco, there are no screens on the windows and the rooms' entrance doors and locks are badly scratched and worn.

Inside our room, there were two queen beds, two pillows on each bed, no extra blankets. There was an 18" tube TV (!), no internet or WIFI. The air conditioner was a wall unit that roared all night long and we had no choice but to use it for some kind of room ventilation because we didn't feel safe to open the window for fresh air.

There was a granite 12x12 patch in the granite shower because the mixer valve was leaking and it had to be repaired. There is no blow dryer. The toilet was crooked, the towels and washclothes were rough and dinged yellow. The shower was slow to drain. The shower curtain at the bottom was moldy and had a horrible odor. There were stains on the wall behind the toilet.

Maybe this Motor Inn justifies its $200 ($175 including taxes and hotel fee) per night rate because its the only hotel located just south of Golden Gate park on the Great Highway across from the ocean, but you have to cross two busy streets to get to the ocean. We stayed at this Motor Inn because it was close and convenient to the special event in Golden Gate Park so I assume the exorbitant rate was the gouging by this Motor Inn for the special event.

I would not recommend staying here for any other reason.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
11  Thank PetuniaCake
Reviewed September 17, 2011

You know it's a bad sign when you check in at 8:45 PM (i.e, not that late) and you have to stand outside while the desk clerk is behind plexiglass. It was dark and creepy and as a woman staying alone, it did not feel fully safe. I had planned on going out for some milk after I checked in, but I ended up locking myself in my room until morning. I was also quite annoyed to have to pay up front for my room! ($135/night for a queen bed). This is pretty nonstandard, in my experience, and made the place seem all the more sketchy.

Some other details: This is a motel, not a hotel (so, doors open to the outside, not to an interior hallway), no internet, room was clean and relatively large, some parts in good condition and some run-down, amazing location right across the street from the beach, convenient to SF State, there was a restaurant attached but it never seemed to be open.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank hikeswith2dogs
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great Highway Inn is not in the most "exciting" part of the city. and its a basic hotel. but the staff is very nice and the place is very quite and quick walk to ocean beach. rooms are very nice for one or two people. as long as u have a rental car while visiting to get to other parts of san fran- ths hotel is perfect for those who like to return to quiet place after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank mark c
Reviewed August 3, 2011

If you can get past the Chinese desk clerk,the hotel is nice.Waking up and looking out at the beach in the morning is amazing.You're close to Ocean Beach and Lands End,two great places to visit.The room was clean.The bed was comfortable,bathroom clean.Kind of a "Surf" hotel.I'd stay again.

Room Tip: third floor has the best view
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jj9598
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We found this Inn when we went to visit our son who attends SF State and were pleasantly surprised by the affordability and the size of the rooms. I recently returned there this last Oct and was again suprised by the size of the room. When I called for a reservation they said they only had the "big rooms" available and they were about $50.00 more than what I wanted to spend but upon arrival I was astonished that we acually had 2 seperate rooms. One room had a king bed and the other a queen. The only small drawback was the room with the queen did not have TV. The rooms are very clean, and the location, which is across the street from the beach and close to some good seafood resaurants, is nice. One drawback is that the doors and windows open onto the street so you do have some noise at night and early in the morning. The couple at the desk, same ones as last year, are very cordial and try to be helpful. They also have a small coffee shop which is clean, didn't eat there only had coffee so I can't critique the food. I have stayed there twice now and will go back if we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010