Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$269
$200
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

$380
$213
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$209
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$214
InterContinental
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $328/night.

$218
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $273/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$241
$215
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $392/night.

$221
Savings alert! 57% below average rates

The price you found is 57% lower than this hotel's average rate of $461/night.

$209
$199
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $321/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$472
$220
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $390/night.

$193
$179
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $302/night.

All reviewsocean viewwalking distance to the beachmini fridge and microwavegreat locationbasic hotelsized bedquiet at nightfirst floorcalled the front deskcomfortable bedsthe golden gate bridgeblockprosconsrateswharf
Reviewed September 17, 2011

You know it's a bad sign when you check in at 8:45 PM (i.e, not that late) and you have to stand outside while the desk clerk is behind plexiglass. It was dark and creepy and as a woman staying alone, it did not feel fully safe. I had planned on going out for some milk after I checked in, but I ended up locking myself in my room until morning. I was also quite annoyed to have to pay up front for my room! ($135/night for a queen bed). This is pretty nonstandard, in my experience, and made the place seem all the more sketchy.

Some other details: This is a motel, not a hotel (so, doors open to the outside, not to an interior hallway), no internet, room was clean and relatively large, some parts in good condition and some run-down, amazing location right across the street from the beach, convenient to SF State, there was a restaurant attached but it never seemed to be open.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank hikeswith2dogs
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great Highway Inn is not in the most "exciting" part of the city. and its a basic hotel. but the staff is very nice and the place is very quite and quick walk to ocean beach. rooms are very nice for one or two people. as long as u have a rental car while visiting to get to other parts of san fran- ths hotel is perfect for those who like to return to quiet place after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank mark c
Reviewed August 3, 2011

If you can get past the Chinese desk clerk,the hotel is nice.Waking up and looking out at the beach in the morning is amazing.You're close to Ocean Beach and Lands End,two great places to visit.The room was clean.The bed was comfortable,bathroom clean.Kind of a "Surf" hotel.I'd stay again.

Room Tip: third floor has the best view
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jj9598
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We found this Inn when we went to visit our son who attends SF State and were pleasantly surprised by the affordability and the size of the rooms. I recently returned there this last Oct and was again suprised by the size of the room. When I called for a reservation they said they only had the "big rooms" available and they were about $50.00 more than what I wanted to spend but upon arrival I was astonished that we acually had 2 seperate rooms. One room had a king bed and the other a queen. The only small drawback was the room with the queen did not have TV. The rooms are very clean, and the location, which is across the street from the beach and close to some good seafood resaurants, is nice. One drawback is that the doors and windows open onto the street so you do have some noise at night and early in the morning. The couple at the desk, same ones as last year, are very cordial and try to be helpful. They also have a small coffee shop which is clean, didn't eat there only had coffee so I can't critique the food. I have stayed there twice now and will go back if we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 25, 2009

My daughter and I are spending the weekend at this motel as I write. We were hesitant because of the low ratings, but due to the SF Jazz Festival, this is what we could find close by the Florence Gould Theater.
We are HAPPILY surprised. I would give this sweet, clean little oasis a good solid 3! And don't forget it's right across the street from the beach, and a short walk up the hill from the Cliff House restaurant where we had a delightful dinner at sunset last night.
Don't discount this one! It's a sleeper, IMHO.
Peace and blessings, Rev. Kate