We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 2 nights. The hotel is in a great location - you're about 3 minutes away from Market Street, where you can hop on the MUNI and BART to pretty much anywhere in the city. It's right across from Union Sq and next door to Chinatown and the Cable Car lines. Plenty of eating and shopping options in the area as well.
We booked the hotel through a priceline bid (about $100/night cheaper than the regular rates), but the staff person that checked us in (I think his name was Ryan) was friendly and welcoming nonetheless. The room looks worn out though - the tv, the carpet, the furniture all look like they need to be replaced soon. The bathroom also looks worn. But at least the room itself was clean (no bugs!) and the bed was very comfortable.
I would probably stay here again just for its location but only if I could a discounted rate again - otherwise, there are probably better options out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt