“Beautiful views”

Grand Hyatt San Francisco
Ranked #38 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

The grand Hyatt is a modern, well equipped hotel with courteous and friendly staff who seem determined to make sure you have a trouble free stay.

I was staying on business booked through my employer and on arrival there was a problem with the credit card they had used for my booking. However the staff ensued this caused me minimum disruption by checking me in anyway had liaising directly with my employer to fix the issue meaning I didn't have to. Superb service!

When I got to my room on the 27th floor I was greeted by the stunning view offered by the floor to ceiling windows. From my room I could see across the bay to the city. It was wonderful to take breakfast sitting in the lounger admiring that view.

The hotel is well situated for exploring the city, a great base for any trip.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank deathsblackdove
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful view from your room. It is great to hear our staffs were able to resolve the issue quickly for you. Your compliment is much appreciated and we hope to see you come back and visit us again soon.

Warm regards,
Tiffany

Write a ReviewReviews (4,914)

Reviewed August 22, 2014

The hotel is perfectly located in union square, in my opinion one of the best starting point to visit the town. We had an executive room at the 32nd floor which was big enough. The room is modern and quiet (just some noise from the street). Personally I found very pleasant the executive lounge and the view you can enjoy from there. Of course the rate are not low, but in line with the category and the city.
We always had breakfast at the executive club, which for us offered enough.
The parking with valet is quite expensive (63usd) as well as the self parking (41 Usd).
Probably not the best solution but a good one.

Room Tip: Choose an executive room
1  Thank Knock_around
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband, daughter and I just stayed at the Grand Hyatt SF and I would like to comment on the service we received for staying there with our child. We had requested a crib in our room when booking, and without even asking we showed up to a room fully set up for a baby! We had a diaper genie, dish soap, bottle brush, snacks, change pad, baby soap and a rubber duckie to help us with our stay. This was much appreciated as some of these items I hadn't even though to bring. I found out afterwards that this was part of their V.I.B (very important baby) program and I must say it was great! One small complaint is that the fridge was very small, so storing food for our daughter was a little tight. We enjoyed the view from our room (fabulous view of the bay - beautiful at sunset), and the breakfast bar in the morning was a quick and easy way to get started. Hotel was conveniently located and the wifi was very fast.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

The V.I.B. program has recently launched and it is great to hear such positive feedback from you. We understand how much guests have to bring when traveling with young ones, with some of the basic baby amenities already available at our hotel definitely make it easy for the parents. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights on the club level. The room (3005) was spacious with a great view of Coit Tower and the bay. Overall, the staff were helpful, the room was clean, and the accommodations were modern and comfortable.

We used the club room on the 32nd floor extensively as there was no mini bar (empty fridge) and no water provided in the room. The club room was well staffed with free non alcoholic beverages (honor bar) and snacks throughout the day. If you stay on this level you should definitely utilize.

The real plus of this hotel is the location. Very convenient to Chinatown, downtown, and next door to Union Square.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are delighted you enjoyed the beautiful view from your room and the convenient location of our hotel. As part of our green initiative, we have removed all bottle waters from our guestrooms. We encourage our guests to bring their own water bottle and refill it at our hydration station on each guest floor. Your compliment on our staffs and accommodation is much appreciated! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel was having building work going on during our stay. The room that we were put in at first was very small and had an awful view. Our first night we were kept awake by building/construction work going on just outside the hotel. I complained the next day and luckily we were upgraded to a room with a view of Union Square which was much bigger. The gym is amazing with great views of the city. The location is ideal. Right outside Union Square and Macys!

Room Tip: The room with a view of Union Square was much better than the standard room they give you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Just finished a quick family trip to San Francisco. As usual, had a wonderful stay at the Grand Hyatt. Immaculate rooms, attentive staff. Special recognition to David and Jimmy on the evening shift in the Grand Club, who continually go above and beyond to ensure an excellent experience for guests. We will be back again and can't wait!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you had such an awesome time with us and I'll be sure to share your compliment with David and Jimmy! Can't wait to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Lovely rooms excellent reception staff made welcome . Excellent location though at moment huge construction work nearby,though we were there at weekend and didn't effect us .We arrived at 8.am and staff did all they could to get us a room asap as we d had a overnight flight .

1  Thank BOBPLANE10