Grand Hyatt San Francisco
$179
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$399
$189
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$237
$188
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$257
$200
  • Restaurant
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$256
$218
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
$405
$389
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
InterContinental
  • Room Service
$406
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
5,102 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationapple storetop floorclub roomfloor to ceiling windowsbay viewconcierge deskcoit towergreat shoppingfitness centercentral locationthe heart of the citycable carvalet parkingfisherman's wharffew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This hotel has a great location right above Union Square - we had a room with a view over the Square. The rooms have been redone in a contemporary style and are comfortable and very light. Bathroom was a bit small with a both/shower combination but the wardrobe had an ironing board and iron in it as well as a blanket and extra pillow.
One minor issue is the fact that information about the hotel is only available on the TV screen - there is no information folder or room menu. I think that most people still like to be able to look at a hard copy for information/services rather that a TV screen.
Other issue was the amenities in bathroom - if you want as shower cap or mouthwash or cotton buds you have to ring and ask for them. This is a bit minimalist, in my view, for a Park Hyatt.
Staff are efficient and our room was cleaned promptly each day. Good gym on the 35th floor but can be a bit crowded at peak times.
We were here for six nights and had problems with noisy guests in an adjoining room on one night - and no sleep between 2am and 3am. We had to call and complain twice. Security attended both times but the guests ignored the first warning. While this is not the fault of the hotel, it was a problem and possibly could have dealt with more effectively when we first complained.
However, all in all, this is a good base in the Union Square area and we would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Go55
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel was remodeled last year. The rooms and lobby are well appointed. It's in a great location. Easy walking to the best shopping and the wonderful ferry market. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. That being said, I'm not sure i'd stay here again. I don't like handheld shower heads and the hotel has the most limited tv stations I've ever encountered, except for maybe Russia. You also have to navigate the tv using a mouse. I didn't like it enough that I may not stay here on a return visit.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank PotomacGolfer
Reviewed January 26, 2014

After reading some reviews I was concern about some issues like check in, people not being friendly or helpful. However, this has been one of the best hotels I have been lately. Perfect location, great views from all rooms and the staff, all of them very extremely friendly, courteous, kind. Betsy did the check in for us in one minute, with a smile and gave us the rooms we requested. Then I wanted to do some changes in my bill and Olivia helped me in seconds! And the best, friendly person ever was Susan at the concierge desk. She booked some restaurants for us, transport to the airport, the big Bus hop on hop off tour, and was always eager to help! Doormen always opened the door with a smile, a nice word, very friendly!
Loved the room, the view, the fact that there was a coffee making machine in the room, but best of all was the staff.
This was our first time in San Francisco and this hotel made our stay a wonderful one. Will definetly return to this hotel

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Ushi
Reviewed January 26, 2014

It's been a little over a year since I stayed here. It was under renovation the last time, and I expected a nicely redone hotel this time. It is, to an extent, but they made one fatal error that is bound to cost them guests. They closed the restaurant/bar with one of the best views in SF and moved it to the mezzanine where it is now dark and claustrophobic. Apparently, they thought they'd make more money using the space for meetings. What a shame. They have denied their loyal guests (many who stay here just for that view) one of the main reasons for picking this hotel. I am a Hyatt Platinum member, but the next time I'm in SF, I may have to look for a hotel with a real view.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomBollard
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this property and the first time I have splurged on an Executive Suite. This accommodation is well worth the extra money foremost because of the extra space with a separate bedroom and the bonus of a powder room off the living room area for your guests to use. I find the normal guest rooms on the smallish side and with an odd layout. The club level lounge has stunning views and has a more than ample amount of amenities.

The staff at the hotel was very helpful and on top of things. This is especially true of the door staff and the valets. The front desk and room service staff were also prompt and helpful.

The only minor complaint I have regarding this hotel is that they do not stock Diet Sierra Mist which every other US Hyatt that I have stayed in carries. This may seem like a small point, however as a diabetic I really appreciate that Hyatt carries a non cola beverage that can also be used as a mixer.

I plan on staying at this property again in the future.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and book an executive suite.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business