“Oh my.......”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Oh my.......”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Super fast check in. AMAZING Bay View room with sweeping views of the city. Updated and modern furnishings and super clean room. Comfy bed and pillows. Fantastic location in the heart of the action. I simply cannot wait to stay here again. Highly recommend to anyone visiting San Francisco!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get the Bay View Room! Totally worth it!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rockinmominar
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dera Rockinmominar,

Thank you so much for your review! Sounds like check in was a breeze and you had a really wonderful stay with us! Glad to hear you enjoy our modern room, the beautiful view and the ideal location! We can't wait for you to come back and visit us again! Your recommendation is much appreciated!

Best regards,
Tiffany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (878)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Extremely comfortable beds, nice rooms, Excellent service...you really can't go wrong. We had an issue with noise and it was rectified immediately. They could offer bottled water in the rooms...that would be the only complaint. I would love to return soon!

Room Tip: higher level for amazing views!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank keenansm0m
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear keenansm0m,

Thank you for your review! Great to hear our staff was able rectified the situation in a timely manner. All the bottled waters have been removed from our guestrooms as part of our green initiatives. A water station is located on each floor next to the ice machine for guests to help themselves with free and unlimited water. We apologize for not providing this information to you upon check in. We would love to see you come back and visit us again soon!

Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference. From the greeting at the front desk to the bar, everyone was extremely helpful. The location is a shopaholic's paradise-Hermes, Barney's, Saks, and way too many other
stores to name. This hotel underwent a remodel; so the rooms and the entire place feels very clean. Take time out to visit the top floor where you get a great view of the city. My only critisim was around the weekend. There were thousands in town for a marathon and hearing cannons, loud music and a bunch of screaming folk at 4:30 in the morning wasn't great...however, the hotel did give us a heads up. All in all, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Camas, Washington
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Fair Disclosure: I was doing business with Hyatt Corp. Reality Check: I do business with a lot of hotels and strive for a balanced review providing details on things that travelers want to know bout.

My two-night stay at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco hit high marks on everything this business traveler was looking for: convenient location, service, food, business comfort, bed, bath, and cleanliness. My WiFi was free, as I was on a club floor - with a delightful view towards Nob Hill (Mark Hopkins). But in an era where work-friendly desks are given over to more floor space or other furniture, I had plenty of outlets to plug in, spread out, and while away in a decent "task" chair.

Other basics, such as cleanliness, bed & linens, adequate towels and shower items were just what you'd expect in a Grand Hyatt. But the thing this woman, given to spending time in front of the mirror for hair and make-up, absolutely loved was the bathroom lighting, especially around the mirror. Make-up artists and theater folks will immediately clue in on the natural-spectrum lighting and full-surround of the mirror. It is hard enough to find this in most residences, and even rarer in hotels. And dirt or grunginess in the bathroom has no place to hide in a bathroom with lighting like that! And counter space - yep, I had counter space!

Good water pressure in a glass enclosed shower was just what I needed to freshen and prepare for the day.

A few other business-related things worthy of mention - the club-floor room on 32 was perfect for breakfast and business planning with colleagues. If you have need for a private meeting, try out the private dining room at their restaurant OneUP for a unique space excellent for a small group
looking for a bit of seclusion while breaking bread. An interesting combination of rustic and modern, the wood paneled room is lit with sculptural fixtures and a wood dining surface closer to eco-art.than just a table.

Lots of tourists are right around Union Square, but you can't beat it for accessibility - from the airport, to Moscone, to BART stations - its in the middle of everything. For a high-level business stay, I suggest the modern and renovated Grand Hyatt.

Just for fun: take a peek at the restrooms outside the lower level meeting rooms - high design and technology meet up in a public washroom.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Bernadet R.,

Wow! Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are thrilled you had such a wonderful time at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco. Many of our guests love the lighting in the bathroom and the extra electric outlet in the room. I have to agree with you our Grand Club is great for meeting up with colleagues for a small meeting or gathering, especially with the beautiful view of San Francisco city skyline!

We appreciate your business and review. Please do come back and visit us again in the future.
Best regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt from 10/25 - 10/27. Several of my friends and I were in town for a wedding. The hotel's service from Friday afternoon when I arrived through Sunday when I checked out was impeccable across the board. The room was very clean, the hotel staff went above and beyond to meet my requests (bringing me a tooth brush / tooth paste an hour before the wedding while I was getting ready Saturday morning), the hotel bar / restaurant staff was excellent. A restaurant patron accidentally knocked over a plate, which smashed into the ground, and actually made a small cut on my hand. The staff and management of the restaurant comped drinks for us and went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of and I was okay. The front desk / concierge service is friendly and provides helpful details. The Grand Hyatt made me feel comfortable, relaxed, and like I was truly on vacation. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael B
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Michael B.,

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us while attending your friend's wedding. Your compliment on our staff is very much appreciated. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've stayed here already twice and loved it both times. The location is perfect and the service is outstanding. Also, I really enjoyed the lounge - the view from there is definitely breathtaking.
The bartender at the lounge was incredibly nice and took several pictures of me and my then-girlfriend - thanks again for that :)

Room Tip: I recommend to get a room on the 28th Floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This ultramodern hotel is in a great location, and the view from the rooms are amazing, the bathroom was clean and large and the beds were very comfortable, the TV had lots of information about San fran and you could order room service on it! Free wifi is appreciated but the only thing was the food in the restaurant wasn't great and the room service is crazily priced even for normal room service, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our ideal location and the amenities offered in our renovated guestroom. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!