“Great Hotel and Location”

Grand Hyatt San Francisco
Ranked #39 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Hotel and Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Grand Hyatt. The check in and out was very fast and efficient. We arrived before 9am and was pleasantly surprised to be offered our room then. The room has been remodelled and was large and modern with great views. It is the best location for downtown San Francisco with everything at walking distance or a trolly ride away. It is a excellent hotel and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jmess_78
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. Sounds like check in and out was a breeze! Great to hear you enjoyed our remodeled guestrooms and the ideal location of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warm regards,
Tiffany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (864)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Everything you could possible want to do in San Fransicso is right outside your door and either a short walk or a trolley ride away. The check-in was easy and a breeze. Modern lobby and check-in process. My room appeared to have been remodeled and was very comfortable and clean. High vanity in the bathroom, which i like and a nice large showerhead with great water pressure. The cleaning crew did a great job everyday. I was so impressed with the Hyatt that i came close to changing my membership from Hilton to Hyatt. I will have to stay at a few more Hyatts before i make that committment. The only downside and it is not the fault of the hotel but select a room away from the ice machine. for some reason guests seem to need ice at 3 in the morning. Decent places to eat surround the hotel and the front staff is very friendly and willing to help you decide where to eat. I live in DC so sounds from the street are never a problem for me. But light sleepers may want a higher room.

Room Tip: Try and get one away from the ice machine.
1 Thank mad155
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We spent 4 nights at this great hotel. A fabulous central location just around the corner from Union Square, shopping precinct and all important trams.

Our room was a great size complete with requested views across town towards the bay. Service was good, even though the hotel lobby was under renovation. The bar on the top floor was a pleasant place to watch the sun go down or the fog roll in, after many hours of walking the hills.

There were many good places to eat, all within walking distance from the hotel
Highly recommended for location and good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor with views over the bay
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NigelandLiz
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear NigelandLiz,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us last August. Our location is definitely ideal for shoppers and convenient access to public transportation make it easy to explore San Francisco! Now that our renovation is completed, we hope you will come back and see the finished product! Look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Steps from Chinatown, the Financial District and Union Square, the location of the Grand Hyatt SF simply cannot be beaten,

The rooms were somewhat updated although overall, I found the carpets in the room and common areas of my floor to be worn. I was on a high floor and noise wasn't an issue.

I did get to use the gym. It was totally sufficient for a "travelers workout," with lots of fresh water, towels, personal TV screens against a beautiful skyline view from the 35th floor.

I'd say this hotel was a notch above my previous stay at comparable hotel in SF and as an added bonus, the price was fantastic. Going to request this hotel next time.

1 Thank LongIslandGuy
Dear LongIslandGuy,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel. Sounds like you had a great work out in our gym during your stay! Your recommendation is our biggest compliments. Please come back and see us again soon!

Warm regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

When I went shopping by phone for a place to stay in SF, I called the hotel reservations service through Delta. I needed to stay near SFMoMA and was undecided between the Marriott and the Hyatt. The prices were about the same but the Delta operator told me that the Hyatt was offering a "complimentary breakfast." That cinched the deal for me. When I arrived at the Hyatt, though, I was told no such deal with Delta or any other service existed. I explained that I had chosen the hotel primarily because of the breakfast. The people in reservations were kind enough to honor what I thought was the original arrangement. Classy behavior. I'd stay there again, as my room was clean and efficient, too. I wish I could say the same about Delta's hotel service. I tried to complain and never was able to reach a human being.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear RickBealWood,

Thank you for your review and selected our hotel over many competitions in San Francisco. It is always great to hear our staffs was able to offer quick and efficient service during your stay. For any future Hyatt reservations inquires, please feel free to call our central reservation desk for different options and packages available at all of the Hyatt hotels around the world!

Best regards,
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Newly renovated. Great location with excellent staff. Loved it. Union square over look was great.
Was December so looked at Christmas tree and ice scaking rink. Checg-in was different - Computerized stations out incenter of area. Great Door and Bellmen - very attentive. Large room andquiye - good sleep. Going to be our Hotel in San Francisco.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed for a vacation and the location was spectacular to say the least. Room was clean and spacious. Service was prompt. Quiet space. The breakfast was a great price for what you get, I avoid eating in the surrounding area for breakfast for a family. The only issue is I wish had free WIFI in the room. Its hassle to have to go down to Starbucks or the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family