Stayed here for two nights over Valentines Day/Presidents Day weekend 2013. We stayed in a Grand Club room on the 31st floor, with a view of the city and it's beauty. Well appointed room, huge bathroom and comfy bed. Loved the electronically controlled window shade and the large shower. (The toilet is super loud! haha, it was like a plane taking off the first time we flushed it)
The Grand Club lounge was on the 32nd floor, with a gorgeous view of the city and the bay. Cold drinks, ice, coffee, little snacks are available all day (and a welcome respite!) with a continental breakfast and appetizers/dessert in the evenings.
Concierge helped us with a walking map and amazing place for breakfast our last day. Use them for any of your trip needs.
The bar on the mezzanine level is really good, with decent drink selection. I liked the Moroccan cosmo, it had a really good spice taste to it. The special Valentine's Day drinks weren't my thing, but it's cool they tried to cater a view drinks to the day.
We took BART from SFO to Powell St., then walked several blocks to the Grand Hyatt. It wasn't long, but there is a lot of construction going on and that last block is up hill, so be aware with your lugging your luggage. From SFO to Powell St. on BART, it was $8.10 and took about 30 minutes. We did take a taxi back to SFO, it took about 20 minutes (with no traffic) and was $45.
Plentiful taxis in front of the hotel, a Starbucks across the street and Walgreens around the corner. Really good location!
Definitely consider staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt