The location of the Grand Hyatt is great. Union square is right outside the doors of the hotel. Tons of designer shopping and restaurants to choose from. Close to Chinatown. It was so easy to walk practically everywhere in the downton area from the hotel. It was also easy to catch a cab to surrounding neighborhoods in the San Francisco area such as Golden Gate Park and North Beach areas.
I pre-arranged a towncar car airport pick-up and drop-off through the hotel e-concierge before my arrival. The drivers were prompt and polite. Upon arrival the staff were friendly and courteous. The concierge desk was helpful and provided maps. Unfortunately I was not able to get an early check-in as I requested since my flight landed at 11:30 AM and I was at the hotel by 12:30 PM. But they were able to check and hold my bags so I could begin exploring the city. I was able to use their facilities, which were nice and clean, to freshen up beforehand.
I reserved a bay view king room and it was on the 24th floor. The view was nice, since I was able to see the bay, part of Alcatraz, Angel Island, and party of the city. The room was clean and of average size. A little worn but not too bad. It could stand to be updated some more. The whole hotel seemed worn in general, especially the furniture. One feature I liked was I was able to slide open my window about 4 inches to let in fresh air, as the hotel room smelled kind of stale. I left the window open during my entire stay. One negative aspect is you have to pay 10 dollars a day for internet access. Some other hotels I was debating between did offer free internet access. Also, the television was old and dated compared to other hotels in this category.
I did not eat at any of the restaurants in the hotel. I opted for local restaurants in the area. I did order room service a few times. The Angus burger and fries were quite delcious. The chips, salsa and guacamole were good. I was a little disappointed in a fresh seasonal fruit tray I ordered. The only fruit I recieved was a little bunch of purple grapes and one strawberry cut in half. I expected a little more than what I received.
Overall, my experience at this hotel was good. I give this hotel only 3 stars because it was average, nothing more. It definitely did not exceed my expectations for the price. I probably will try another hotel the next time I visit this city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt