“expensive but worth it”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Zurich, Switzerland
“expensive but worth it”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The hotel is very good located. You are close to everything. The room was big enough and very clean. The staff was extremly friendly. The breakfast was also very good with an amazing view to San Francisco. The valet parking was also good. We almost never had to wait for our car. There was just one big problem. I had a special request to get a romatic atmosphere. We arranged everything, but they just forgot to do it. At least they didn't charge us for that. I was very dissapointed for that.

Room Tip: If you are travelling by car, rent a room which the parking is included.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Taulant_ZRH,

Thank you for your review. Good to hear you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel and the view from atop. We understand this was a special occasion of yours and it is disappointed to hear we fell shot on our service. Please accept our sincere apologies. We hope this single incident will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Best regards,
Tiffany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (878)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed October 23, 2012

stayed 5 nights because a conference was held there. The only good staff I could name is Lyle (Bellman), who was the only staff provided 5-star services.

On the first night, I called the Front Desk to arrange a morning call, the guy asked me to call the operator myself (couldn't he arrange the morning call?)

The message light was on, I called the operator who told me there was a voice mail and asked me to call 4747 to retrieve myself (doubt couldn't she connected me to the voice mail system?)

The most unbelievable and unacceptable was I asked the banquet waiter: do you have toothpick? the answer was : Sorry, I don't have. Then he walked away and I didn't get the toothpick even after 15 minutes.

View and location is excellent, but service is not up to a 'GRAND' standard.

Room Tip: not low floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed four days in connection with a conference. Nice room and super service. The restaurant on 36 floor has great views but is apparantly closing in the near future. Ask for a room on a high floor! I was on third floor and there is a lot of noise from the street (people and construction). The location is perfect for business and shopping.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
anchorage
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I felt like i was at a mediocre hotel. Having arrived close to 11pm, we couldnt find the side entrance that we were instructed to use from the website since they had construction going on at their front entrance. No signs, no one to help us outside. Even thru the front entrance, nobody cared to assist us with our 4 bags on arrival and departure. This is "Grand" ???

Usually, as with other hotels, when one requests a corner room, one gets a true corner room with double views. We paid extra for a room that was at the "end' of a floor but just with 1 view facing front. Seriously???

Also, our door had a 1" crack underneath that allowed a lot of hall light to keep us awake at night. Why?

Then, early next morning, we couldn't even sleep in as people started vacuuming the hallway in front of our door keeping us wide awake. This is "Grand" ???

Being on the 27th floor, the water pressure from the shower was weak. You actually had to stand almost with your nose against the wall so you could catch the weak shower flow; The room ac was a bit too warm even when set at 65 degrees.

Room Tip: Dont waste paying extra money for a "CORNER" room. You'll get a room that faces only 1...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry for the poor experience you had with us during your stay and your review has been shared with my team. We have sent you a message wanting to connect with you to discuss further but have not heard back from you yet. Should you decide to address your concerns with us later, please do not hesitate to contact us and ask for our manager on duty. We hope this will not deter you from visiting us again and we hope to see you again.

Sincerely yours,
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel with my family about 10 years ago and knew it was in a prime location. My husband and I booked the hotel and were able to walk everywhere. In addition, the hotel was recently renovated and it surpassed my expectations. Very modern style, luxe feel and great views of the city. The staff were great and very helpful. I would book this hotel in a heartbeat if I were to return. I definitely recommend it if you are visiting San Francisco. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KMart3307
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear KMart3307,

Wow! Thank you so much for your review and welcome back to the Grand Hyatt San Francisco! It is great to hear our newly renovated rooms are to your satisfaction. Your recommendation is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Warm regards,
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 4 days in San Francisco and are very happy to have chosen the Grand Hyatt for our stay. While the lobby was under construction, it wasn't an inconvenience at all. Our room was great with nice upgrades. Comfortable bed, big bathroom, and a fabulous view of Union Square. Very friendly staff. Excellent rooftop bar with beautiful views of the city. Highly recommend this hotel. Great location, too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear vbz07,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are delighted you enjoy all the amenities in our remodeled guest room. I must agree with you the view from the top floor is absolutely beautiful. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment, please come back and see us again soon!

Sincerely yours,
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is being renovated but we knew that when we booked so wasn't really a problem. Staff were polite and helpful in arrival and we were able to access our rooms straight away (about 10 am) and also get a late check out for one of our rooms, on our last day(we had 2 rooms as SF hotel Rooms are really to small to comfortably accommodate 2 adults and 2 teens).

We didn't use in house dining as so many options close by.

Our rooms were newly refurbished and very pleasant. The views were stunning. Beds comfortable and showers good.

I was really disappointed in the Internet access, firstly you had to pay (which is unusual these days and seems petty) and then I couldn't get it to work (on my iPhone - surely nothing complicated) the hotel staff really not interested in helping. Ended up going to Starbucks every time needed to use it which worked fine but I expected more from the Hyatt.

Location is perfect if you want to shop, lots of options any direction you walk in.

• Stayed May 2012
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! Sounds like check in & check-out was a breeze and you and your family explored different dining options around the hotel! Great to hear you enjoyed the renovated guestroom and amenities. Our internet fee is comparable to other hotels in the area and we feel we provide good value, however that is not your experience, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,