“I'll be back”

Grand Hyatt San Francisco
Ranked #37 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I go to San Francisco really often for work or leisure reasons and this time I wanted to make an hotel change. Before I went to Mandarin Oriental and then Westin St. Francis, both wonderful hotels but, this time, I've been really surprised by Grand Hyatt San Francisco. Starting from the hotel staff, helpful, kind and so professional. Anne S. and Oscar L. tks a lot for your warm welcome. The hotel is totally renewed, the rooms are amazing and the beds really comfortable. I had a room at the 28th floor and the view of the city skyline from my full-size window was stunning. The hotel is located in the best position in SF, near all the city tourist attractions or financial district if you're there for business. I'll be back! this is my new choice because... I left my heart in San Francisco and Grand Hyatt helped me on that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank thedeliciousworld
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear bicocchinaonesta,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am thrilled to hear you had such a great experience at our hotel. Sounds like you really enjoyed our newly renovated room and the comfortable Grand Bed! We love to take great care of our guests and I will be sure to share your comment with Anne and Oscar as well as our management team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best,
Tiffany

There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt San Francisco

Reviewed May 13, 2012

An excellent hotel, very impressive and very accesable. Staff are friendly and facilites are brilliant. In the middle of downtown San Fran. Really made my visit brilliant!! I would reccomend this hotel to anyone visiting San Fran. Rooms are lovely and quite big. A grat place to stay!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Anne R,

Your recommendation is our biggest compliment! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always great to hear our staff was able to assist you with your needs. Thank you for this great review. Please come back and see us again soon!

Sincerely yours,
Tiffany

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Very Convenient Location on Union Square.
Nicely Renovated.
Modern and Cozy.
Surrounding Area surprisingly dark and quiet at night.
Service could improve.
They only give 200 Gold Passport points per stay??

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I am just finishing up my stay at the Grand Hyatt and was very impressed with the rooms, the food and the exceptional service. The rooms appear to be recently renovated and are very well appointed for the business (or any) traveler. Some of the points that were a highlight:
* Wireless access was very reasonably priced.
* The remote controls for the shades and nightlights by the bed were a nice touch.
* The toiletries were high quality and the addition of toothpaste was a nice touch.
* Bed and furniture incredibly comfortable.
* Great lighting
* Wonderful shower with modern fixtures.
* Very nice gym on the 35th floor - great views!

The staff was exceptional. Every one greeted you and struck up a conversation on the elevator. One morning I was headed back to the room and my key no longer worked. I went downstairs but I didn't have a picture ID. They would NOT just give me a key, which is exactly what should have happened. Instead, the sent someone upstairs with me and kindly asked me to show my ID. That makes me feel very safe as a woman traveling alone.

Finally, I had room service a couple of nights and the phone was excellent.

This will be my destination of choice in SF for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear Karlgco,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! I am thrilled to hear you had such a great experience during your last visit! We appreciate you highlighted some of the great features of our newly renovated guestrooms. I was particularly happy to read your comment about the way we took care of your room key situation and made you feel safe. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,
Tiffany T.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed at Grand Hyatt San Francisco for three nights in April. And it was the full right decision.

I did not found anything wrong, quite the contrary: ubication is perfect, touching Union Square, the place that can be considered the middle of the downtown; it is full of restaurants and there are plenty of shops nearby, such as Apple Store, Macy's, Oakley, and so on. Starbucks opposite.

If you arrive driving, one option is valet parking (about 50$), or public car parks in Union Square.
Taxi to Pier 33 (Alcatraz) or Pier 39 is about 10$.

Reception: check-in and check-out very fast (I appreciate it so much), and staff very pleasant and always with a smile for us.

Concierge service: excellent, all doubts and bookings we asked for were perfect, and their recommendations about restaurants were exactly what we were looking for.

Rooms: do not hesitate and book a bay view room. Worth it absolutely. Located at the highest floors, an amazing view is offered from the room; in addition, blinds are automatic, so you can wake up in the morning opening the blinds from your bed and enjoy that dramatic scenery. Large rooms and with high quality furniture. Cleanliness is a highlight.

We read some wrong reviews about the wifi signal. All we have to say is that we had a perfect wifi signal from reception to our room, and also in the Level 36 restaurant (highly recommended too, to have dinner or just to have a cocktail).

I would emphasize specially on the kindness and efficiency of all the staff in the hotel. They convert our stay in San Francisco from good to excellent.

Of course, when we come back again to San Francisco we will book this accommodation. Is one of the best hotels I have ever been.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PezFish
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Your recommendation is our biggest compliment! I am thrilled that you had such a great experience at our property. It sounds like check in and check out was a breeze. I am pleased you found your room to be well appointed and the views to be spectacular. I am glad you were able to experience out Grandviews restaurant. They have delicious food and drinks as well as terrific service. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to San Francisco!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 5 nights in April (22nd-27th) we were on the 19th floor which was lovely for views of the city and kept the noise out from the busy road. The room itself was lovely with everything you would expect. It was clean and well presented. The bed was amazingly comftable which made it very hard to get up in the morning. The staff were very helpful and the system which allows you to pre book back onto your flight home was great.
The hotel was also in a fantastic location right next to Union Square! Very central. I would have no problems in recommeding this hotel to friends and family. Nice hotel in a great city!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're delighted you enjoyed our Hyatt Grand Beds and our rooms. It's always great to hear our staff was able to assist you with your needs. Your recommendation is our highest compliment. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I used a suite upgrade and, for the bargain price of just $199 a night in San Francisco, were given a very pleasant suite with a small living room and bedroom. Views from the high floor were beautiful over the city. The room was very clean and looked like it had just been redone. The bed was a typical, comfortable Hyatt bed. Housekeeping was always very efficient however, avoid the corner rooms because you will be woken up early in the morning as that is also where housekeeping has their supply closets. Public transportation is all around you and the tour bus companies all pick you up in Union Square. Go to the concierge for suggestions. One in particular was wonderful, I believe her name was Liz. She suggested a small tour company for a day long trip to the wine country. It was absolutely wonderful and with only 10 people in the small bus, everything was much more enjoyable. It also picked you up and dropped you off right at the hotel. I would have given this hotel a five had the club lounge had more of a selection in the evening. Breakfast was okay, nothing special but adequate albeit overcrowded. No real snacks offered during the day, a cash bar, and missing staff who couldn't answer any questions.

Make sure to visit Alcatraz and book your tickets in advance if you are going during the busy season.

Room Tip: High floor, facing the same direction as the club lounge.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple