We have just completed a 10 night stay at the Grand Hyatt in room 2508 and it was excellent. I was somewhat apprehensive after reading some of the mixed reviews on this site, but my apprehensions were completely unfounded. This was my third stay in SF; having previously
stayed at the nearby Sir Francis Drake and also the Hotel Boheme. The
Grand Hyatt stands head and shoulders above either of these two.
Let me now respond to some of the issues previously raised, in no particular order.
1. Room size. If our room was anything to go by, the rooms are quite simply palatial. Anyone who considers these rooms small has never stayed in a hotel in New York or indeed any of the so called
"boutique" hotels around SF.
2. "Tired" decor. This is perhaps a fair criticism, but everything is relative here and the so-called "tiredness" would only be an issue if your baseline is 6 star Asian opulence. Perhaps "dated" would be a better word, as there is none of the shabbiness that the word 'tired' implies. And again, if you really want to see tired and dated, just go to anywhere that markets itself as boutique.
3. The lobby. Yes, this is a shambles - the layout being dictated by the central core of elevators. But really, who cares.
4. The staff - without exception were extremely polite, efficient, and helpful. Special mention must go to the concierges who we used shamelessly on at least a daily basis - nothing was too difficult for them and they were a goldmine of local knowledge. Most other hotel concierges simply hand you pamphlets. I can't praise them highly enough.
And it must also be said that the location is excellent, the bed one of the most comfortable I have experienced and the hotel has a very good fitness centre. In terms of value for money - I can never score the rock-bottom rates like those offered on priceline; instead paying $239 a night. I considered this rate to still be good value for money, given the location of the hotel, the time of year and quality of service provided.
I would have no hesitation in staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt