I stay at the Galleria Park Hotel about 8-10 nights a month for business. They consistently go above and beyond to provide the comforts of home. The location is ideal for business in the financial district and is close to some of the best restaurants in China Town, North Beach, Union Square, etc. If you are a Joy of Life member they treat you like family, even if you don't frequent this location it's worth joining. The staff is some of the best in the business, from the friendly smiles at the front desk, to the hard work of the sales and reservations team behind the scenes.
Very minor issues: the in-house fitness center is a bit small and underwhelming, expanding to two rooms instead of one would make a big difference. The restaurant situation seems to be improving, with a new on-site restaurant opening soon. They have been through about three different restaurants in the same number of years, so lets hope the latest one sticks around for awhile.
Whether on business or personal travel, I'd suggest giving the Galleria a try, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Galleria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco