“A perfect weekend at the Galleria Park”

Galleria Park Hotel
Ranked #25 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were in San Francisco for our daughters wedding. We had a bunch if rooms booked for our family and friends.

From the bellhop/valet to the front desk staff to everyone we met at the hotel, one could not find friendlier or more helpful people.

This is a boutique hotel, and the location is perfect. The rooms are comfortable, and they have free wifi. There is a coffee setup on the mezzanine level in the mornings, and complimentary wine served in the lobby in the evening. There is valet parking, but like most places in San Francisco, it is expensive ($38 plus taxes). We had a problem with our in room safe (we overstuffed it and jammed it so that it would not open). It was resolved almost immediately.

About the only negative is that the restaurant is undergoing ownership changes/renovation, and is closed. We were hoping to have breakfast with our family and this change caught us by surprise (we had booked the rooms a year ago). Matt and Michelle (sales managers) could not have been more accommodating. They arranged for us to be able to have breakfast at the Bread & Cocoa (just outside), and to have them run a tab for our guests. They were also nice enough to upgrade the bride (our daughter) to the nicest suite in the hotel, and to have a bottle of champagne for the couple to make it up to us.

We loved our stay, as did our family and friends. We know where we will be staying when we next visit San Francisco.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My friend and I chose this hotel based on the good reviews on Tripadvisor and its relatively low price ($250) compared with other places near Union Square.

Day 1: Despite having called twice and spoken twice with the manager requesting hypoallergenic bedding due to allergies, the beds had down/feather pillows and bedding. After asking the front desk Charlie to have it rectified, he very nicely apologized but explained that due to lack of adequate staffing, only one bed could be remade and the wait would be very long. I explained that I have severe allergies and that both beds needed a change. (Also, one housekeeper would only need five extra minutes to remake two versus one bed). After waiting in the lobby for half an hour, the beds were changed to satisfaction. That night, I noticed significant mold in the bathroom and requested that it be cleaned appropriately the next day.

Day 2: We return from our conference. The mold is still there. I complain to the front desk and they assure me the mold will removed as soon as possible. I take a shower, start itching, having shortness of breath, and hiving, and need to take extra antihistamines, which make me fall asleep.

Day 3: First thing in the morning I inform the front desk about my allergic reaction. They assure me that the complaint has been recorded in the computer system and will definitely be addressed by the afternoon by both housekeeping and maintenance. I return in the evening, but nothing has been done. The front desk Wendy apologizes and states she will tell her manager Antonio and fix the situation. I ask to speak with Antonio directly, but am told he is at a meeting and will be unavailable the rest of the day. I take a shower, have another allergic reaction, and take more antihistamines and go to sleep.

Day 4: There is some new grout covering the mold, but only some of it. I call the front desk and ask to speak to the manager, who they inform me is James Lim. He is not available and I am transferred to his voicemail. I leave a message, inviting Mr. Lim to examine the bathroom, but hear no reply. It,s been four days since my first complaint, one hour since I left the voicemail, and no effective response. I will update my review if I get a response.

Hotels should have at least a minimal level of cleanliness and maintenance of their facilities. The Galleria Park does not meet any of these standards.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Janet S,

I was distraught to read your review this morning on Tripadvisor. I am very disappointed that we were not able to resolve the issues that you brought-up to us during your stay. We take pride in responding and resolving guests' issues immediately and I sincerely apologize that this did not happen with you.

I received your voicemail in the morning and I tried calling you immediately, but I missed you as I was informed that you've already checked-out. I will contact you today so we can speak in person. Again, I apologize that we missed each other.

James Lim
jlim@jdvhotels.com
415-835-6473

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I found the Galleria Park Hotel through booking with HotelTonight and we're thankful we did! The staff were all extremely friendly and knowledgeable, the location was perfect for our short visit to San Fran, & the room was spotless. The bed, linens, & pillows were the perfect balance of soft and strong. We even stayed one night longer than we intended because we were so pleased with our accommodations. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an exterior view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WBDLA
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Second stay in last 6 months. Renovated bathroom this time - love the new showers, very stylish. Excellent service from management, front desk, valet and bellmen - friendly, personable, efficient and effective - treating everyone as "part of the family." Looking forward to our next trip to San Francisco staying at the Galleria Park.

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jan S
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was my first stay, and I expect, first of many stays at this hotel. This hotel has a wonderful ambience. The lobby is well appointed and comfortable. The location is centrally located in the Finacial district and is within walking distance of most of the iconic San Francisco activities you would want to partake of whether for business or pleasure.Chinatown, Marketplace, the Embarcadero and all the restaurants that connotes, Union Square etc. are all a short walk from the hotel. With that said, the real treasure is in the rooms. The room I had was roomy, sometimes an iffy proposition in urban boutique hotels. The rooms were also filled with art. Prints, drawings, paintings all. A treat for the spirit and for the eye. This property has great characte and for me truly aided and abetted in my search for " le joie de vivre".

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gary c
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here in early May and can highly recommend the hotel. The service and rooms were of the highest quality. the front desk and bellman went out of their way to assist with travel arrangements and i have no hesitation recommending the hotel. The wine tasting in the evening was a lovely touch and the garden on the 3rd floor made for a pleasant sanctuary. The location is ideal for exploring San Francisco and is just a short walk from many of the main tourist sights. Business or pleasure it would work for both types of trip. Thank you for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tarquin B
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've been staying at The Galleria Park for the past 5 years, every time I come to SF. Frankly, there is no other choice for me. I love the location, ambience, the level of service and location. These folks know how to run hotels! This place is a gem tucked into an incredible location. The fact that it's not a big box hotel makes it even more appealing to me. I always choose to stay in smaller boutique hotels and the Galleria Park is one of the best! I've recommended it to friends and family as well. Always look forward to visits to SF and the Galleria Park is always where I stay. Great staff, great location, great rooms and great ambience!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business