We were in San Francisco for our daughters wedding. We had a bunch if rooms booked for our family and friends.
From the bellhop/valet to the front desk staff to everyone we met at the hotel, one could not find friendlier or more helpful people.
This is a boutique hotel, and the location is perfect. The rooms are comfortable, and they have free wifi. There is a coffee setup on the mezzanine level in the mornings, and complimentary wine served in the lobby in the evening. There is valet parking, but like most places in San Francisco, it is expensive ($38 plus taxes). We had a problem with our in room safe (we overstuffed it and jammed it so that it would not open). It was resolved almost immediately.
About the only negative is that the restaurant is undergoing ownership changes/renovation, and is closed. We were hoping to have breakfast with our family and this change caught us by surprise (we had booked the rooms a year ago). Matt and Michelle (sales managers) could not have been more accommodating. They arranged for us to be able to have breakfast at the Bread & Cocoa (just outside), and to have them run a tab for our guests. They were also nice enough to upgrade the bride (our daughter) to the nicest suite in the hotel, and to have a bottle of champagne for the couple to make it up to us.
We loved our stay, as did our family and friends. We know where we will be staying when we next visit San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Galleria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco