“Just great”

Galleria Park Hotel
Ranked #29 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was a great experience. The hotel is lovely. After my last experience in SF where I had a awful experience at the Club Quarters it was a pleasure to be around really friendly and forthcoming staff. I was running in and out so only got to see the wine hour in passing, but people looked to be having a nice time. The room was definitely on the smallish side, but perfectly fine.
A real surprise and a bonus was the outdoor walking track/relaxation garden on the second floor. It's like a little private park in and a perfect place to sit with a little coffee and get some "zen" time. I highly recommend this hotel and will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear coxsone,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as I know that there are many options available to you in San Francisco. We take pride in our service culture and as a general manager of the hotel, it makes me proud of our Galleria Park family when I read reviews similar to yours.

I'm glad that you were able to visit our "secret" Park Terrace – perfect for enjoying a breath of fresh air, walking a dog or toasting the cityscape with a glass of wine.

Again, thank you for the kind words and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent staff (Camisha and Kevin especially), high-quality rooms, excellent price for SF, close to the attractions. Wine hour is a plus, well-attended and friendly. Will definitely recommend to friends, just as friends recommended it to me!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and received amazing service all six days of my stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the fitness center is well kept and has variety, and the character hotel is filled with beautiful artwork with a history. I was always pleasantly greeted by the front desk and valet workers and enjoyed the complimentary wine in the evenings. I will definitely return to this hotel the next time I visit San Francisco.

1  Thank parker3443
Reviewed May 6, 2013

There is a kind of hotel that you feel welcome and a kind of hotel where you feel like your money is welcome when you are not. I can assure you that the Galleria Park is welcoming, clean, and affordable.

I think there are 5 reasons that brought us back to the Galleria Park to stay again:

Comfort
Hospitality
Location
Price

We travel with 3: two adults and a 13 year old. It isn't always easy to find a hotel where you feel comfortable with staying there for 4 nights, especially with a teenager. However, I am always pleased to say that the front desk staff is extremely nice and helpful and always make sure that you are having a great time at their hotel. They will offer to bring ANYTHING up to your room that you please, literally. Food, towels, and wont hesitate to give you newspapers and even free wine when you arrive at your room. The rooms are smaller than normal, but hey, its San Francisco and this hotel is right in the middle of one of the busiest, yet smallest districts in San Francisco. Another great thing? The bathrooms... (I elaborate below) and the price may be higher that a Motel 8 30miles from the city but I will pay a little extra just to have a Walgreens less that 100 feet from the hotel, a parking garage right next to the hotel, and restaurants everywhere; and I highly recommend that you pay the extra amount too.

PROS:

-EXTREMELY newly renovated bathrooms... I will say that the bathrooms were not near expectation during our 1st stay (April 2012) but knowing they renovated the bathrooms I knew it would raise the bar for any competing hotel.
-FREE wine tasting - Everyday! E-v-e-r-y-d-a-y with free popcorn for the little ones.
-FREE newspapers (see below)
SIGN UP FOR THE JOY OF LIFE CLUB as with doing this, you get 20% off, free wine every stay and free newspapers every stay. Not to mention that the Joy of Life Club is FREE!
-Exercise room - It may be small but none-the-less is an exercise room. Yet I didn't exercise on this trip, I took a visit and it is very nice.
-Coffee every morning from 5AM-10:30AM(?) right at the mezzanine level.
-Room Service - you are right next to Hecho, a Japanese restaurant which I hear is quite good.
-Price - compared to the Hyatt down the road for over $250 dollars, by signing up with the Joy of Life Club (see above) you get 20% off and discounted rates.
-Cleanliness: The rooms are sooo clean. Cleanest I have honestly seen a hotel.
-Last but certainly not least, the staff. They are very helpful and will assist in anyway they can. as I noted above, they will do everything in their power to help you.

CONS:
Size - Yes the rooms are a little small, but what do you expect, suites?
Parking Garage (I am getting picky now) - Very small parking garage but again, what do you expect.

Lastly I would like to say that without doubt, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. 5 Stars and I promise you, I am not exaggerating.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor... Less street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Christian M.,

Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay with us. We are so delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us and appreciate your thoughtful comments about our location, atmosphere, comfort and guest services. We strive to provide our guests with uncompromising service and I am very pleased to hear that you experienced this throughout the various interactions with our team members.

Thank you for the 5-Star rating and for promoting our hotel to the Tripadvisor users.

We do hope to welcome you and your famly in the near future.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night and we would never stay at this hotel again. The rooms were small and the beds were so uncomfortable. Upon checking out the guest services members didn't even have the courtesy to ask "how was your stay?" The hotel states they have valet parking but their lot was full. The hotel wasn't even sold out and they gave us a room right on the 2nd floor (there are 8 floors).

For a small boutique hotel we expected better customer service.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank SRG5
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Shaliniandrohit,

I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We will contact you about this stay.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

During a conference, I stayed at the Park Galleria for six nights. It was a lovely and wonderful home away from home. It is wonderfully located, right near a BART station, so travel back and forth to the airport was very easy. My room was adorable. I was on the inside courtyard, so I did not have any trouble with noise. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and perhaps best of all was the third floor courtyard. I enjoyed this courtyard almost every morning and evening. And the wi-fi is free and is fairly fast. I had trouble with Skype video with the free connection, but you can upgrade for $10 a day. Also, there is a nice coffee/breakfast place next door. This hotel is the perfect mix of luxury and down to earth. I highly recommend this hotel if your travels take you to SF.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was my first trip to San Francisco. This hotel is at the heart of downtown, pretty much everything is within walking distance or a short bus ride. The staff members were very courteous and always eager to help. I was on a business trip, but I was able to curve out a little bit of time here and there to do some site seeing. And the friendly staff member really helped me with how to navigate the city. I'll surely come back

1  Thank Zakir H
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Zakir H,

I am very happy to hear that we made your first visit to San Francisco right. We are indeed fortunate to have a central location in the heart of San Francisco where all major sights are walking distance from our hotel.

We hope you visit us again soon so we can welcome you back to City by the Bay and enjoy what it offers.