“Best hotel ever!”

Galleria Park Hotel
Ranked #28 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 5, 2013

During a conference, I stayed at the Park Galleria for six nights. It was a lovely and wonderful home away from home. It is wonderfully located, right near a BART station, so travel back and forth to the airport was very easy. My room was adorable. I was on the inside courtyard, so I did not have any trouble with noise. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and perhaps best of all was the third floor courtyard. I enjoyed this courtyard almost every morning and evening. And the wi-fi is free and is fairly fast. I had trouble with Skype video with the free connection, but you can upgrade for $10 a day. Also, there is a nice coffee/breakfast place next door. This hotel is the perfect mix of luxury and down to earth. I highly recommend this hotel if your travels take you to SF.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was my first trip to San Francisco. This hotel is at the heart of downtown, pretty much everything is within walking distance or a short bus ride. The staff members were very courteous and always eager to help. I was on a business trip, but I was able to curve out a little bit of time here and there to do some site seeing. And the friendly staff member really helped me with how to navigate the city. I'll surely come back

1  Thank Zakir H
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Zakir H,

I am very happy to hear that we made your first visit to San Francisco right. We are indeed fortunate to have a central location in the heart of San Francisco where all major sights are walking distance from our hotel.

We hope you visit us again soon so we can welcome you back to City by the Bay and enjoy what it offers.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel with my Husband and three adult children, This Hotel was centrally located to everything from shopping, entertainment, and very nice restaurants. What impressed us the most was how welcoming, efficient and hospitable all Staff members were, nothing ever seemed to be a problem, the bellhops and front of desk staff always greeted us with such a wonderful disposition that we felt like we were old friends returning home. We even had a shopping parcel turn up at the hotel after we left and they promptly on sent it to Australia so it arrived safely when we got back. Would definitely stay at the Galleria Park Hotel if we ever return to the wonderful city of San Fran..... Thank you for a memorable stay

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear JanetPat63 and Family,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in our hotel. Your review means a lot to us because we try our very best to make our guests' visits memorable. I shared your comments with my team members, who were elated to hear that you were impressed with our guest services.

We are hoping that you consider visiting San Francisco again so we can welcome you family back to Galleria Park Hotel.

Best,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Having been in San Francisco the week before, and staying at another JDV hotel (see review elsewhere), reading the earlier reviews I felt a bit of trepidation, as comments referred to thin walls and doors and being able to hear everything in the hall and room next door. I can't help but think these were comments for the Carlton, which is a nice little hotel, but needs serious upgrades in the noise canceling department.

The Galleria Park was great. I asked for an interior room to avoid having to hear any potential street noise. I arrived after midnight, due to flight delays, so my room was ADA compliant. I might ask for that again. Huge bathroom, room to iron your shirt, and a good sized window that opens (I love the fact that you can open the windows for some fresh air if you so desire). The HVAC was quiet too.

Hotel staff were friendly and customer oriented. I did use the car service going back to SFO, as it was the same price as a SFO taxi and more comfortable.

Due to my work schedule, I wasn't able to enjoy the wine hour, but that is an attractive option too. The hotel location is good, there are several restaurants nearby ,and it's only a 15-20 minute walk to my favorite SFO bar, the Amsterdam Cafe.

I would definitely stay here again. I put moderate for price, as $200 for a room in SFO is moderate. The Palace, for example, two blocks away, where my conference was, offered rooms for $753, and I heard from guests there that those rooms needed updating.

Room Tip: ask for interior room if you prefer quiet to avoid street noise.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Three old friends spent the weekend at the Galleria Park Hotel. We all felt so welcome and the rooms were charming and beautiful. The location could not be more perfect. We were able to walk to the theater, dinner, shopping and exploring this beautiful city. We arrived before noon and our rooms were not ready so the front desk staff stored our luggage and called us when our rooms were ready. Both our rooms had beautiful new bathrooms. Loved this hotel and will be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin S, Director of Operations at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Melany S.,
Hello there and thank you so much for the fantastic 5 star review on TripAdvisor! We are beyond excited to hear that you and your friends had a great celebratory girl’s weekend. Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback regarding our recently renovated bathrooms. We love them too!
Whether your next trip be for business or pleasure, we cannot wait to welcome you back to Galleria Park Hotel. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards,
Kevin Scott
kscott@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our one night stay at this modern hotel located in the heart of SF's financial district. We arrived early (10AM) and the nice gentleman at the front desk was happy to accommodate us. He even upgraded us to a suite because we waited patiently as he spoke on the phone to another guest for the first five minutes upon our arrival. I thought this was very nice! The suite was HUGE - two full rooms, bedroom w/ TV, living room w/ TV sitting area and little dining table, and an updated bathroom. You could tell that this was an older building that had recently been updated, and perhaps done so on the cheaper end (husband is in the commercial construction industry so he takes notice of these things); however, I thought that all of the updates were very tasteful and they did a great job blending the old with the new. We had never been to SF, so the hotel was in a great location to explore all of the hot spots aka tourist areas - Ferry Bldg, piers, shopping district, and china town. I think if we had stayed more than one night we might have been disappointed as we went back on the last day of our stay trying to kill some time before heading to the airport (on a Sunday) and most things were closed. This was strange to us as we visit NYC quite frequently and I have never felt as though Sundays are dead, but it literally felt dead in this part of the city. Luckily we had friends in the city who directed us towards a more local area over by Chestnut Street. If was nice to have the two perspectives.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great service and amazing location, close to the financial district, China Town, and some really cool restaurants! The employees at the front desk are wonderful people. The place has a great vibe to it. Very relaxing environment as well.

Room Tip: Stay away from the street view. Too much noise
2  Thank Alejandro A

Dear Alejandro A,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience here in Galleria Park Hotel. We are indeed very lucky to have such amazing team members in our front desk. I appreciate you acknowledging their efforts in exceeding guests' expectations.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Warm Regards,