2,573 results
All reviews wine hour union square great location the financial district boutique hotel complimentary wine third floor wine reception sutter street each evening street noise an older building front desk staff few blocks rooms are small bart station business trip
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We cancelled a reservation at the Palace Hotel (because of our negative experience on arrival) and stayed at the Galleria on or return trip. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Complementary wine offered at 5:00, a nice touch. Our room was clean and comfortable. Centrally located, would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review online.

We appreciate you choosing to stay in our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and more importantly found our team members accommodating and friendly. I hope that you stay with us again when your travels take you back to San Francisco.

James Lim
jlim@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Further to te earlier reviews, this hotel is ideally located in downtown. It is very close to Union Square, 5 mins walk. Staff were very polite and helpful and gave good tips! Our room was very clean and warm and so beautifully decorated. The bed was super comfy too! Unfortunately we didn't get to partake in the wine time due to a busy schedule, but I heard it was fab.

My only gripe is that the room was small, and the bathroom was even smaller!! Especially for 2 people who were sharing the basin and mirror. And the shower was tiny! I am a petite person and yet I felt claustrophobic when showering, and washing my hair was a challenge. I'd definitely stay here again but would try to get a room with a bigger bathroom.

Beautiful hotel, in a great location and well priced.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hotel is in a great location with lots of activities within walking distance. The hotel staff is nice and helpful with directions/recommendations. The rooms may be a bit small for some, but suited our needs fine. Had no trouble with the wi-fi. The one thing that was a bit odd was the room had a slight smell to it. You only really noticed when you first step in from the hallway. Bathroom could use an extra towel rack or two. During our stay the hotel must have done some work overhead that necessitated the removal of a celing tile. Caused some debris to fall over the floor which was not cleaned up until the next day. None of these things would deter us from staying here again. The hotel was good and we would come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hotel location is great and within walking distance of a lot of tourist sights and restaurants, hotel room was rather small but workable. Had our curtain closed most of the time as it was facing another building window, was a bit annoying that 3 days in a row the bottle bins were emptied very early in the morning. Would advise anyone staying here to ask for a room at the front.
Staff were helpful and always polite, would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin S, Director of Operations at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear gecentral,
Thank you so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to read that you found our team to be helpful and polite. Even though we are listed as a 3.5 star hotel we strive to provide 5 star service.
I am sorry to read about the inconveniences suffered from the position of your room. As you mentioned we do have a number of different views ranging from city views to quiet interior rooms.
We cannot wait to welcome you back. Please feel free to reach out to me upon your next stay as I would love the opportunity to thank you for your feedback and rating.
Best regards,
Kevin Scott
kscott@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were recommended this hotel by our holiday agent at Trailfinders Manchester.
Having never been to San Francisco before my wife and I found the hotel to be very clean with excellent decor. The staff on the reception were very welcoming, as was the bell hop and other members of the staff.
Our room was cleaned and made up daily, with clean towels and fresh toiletries,and the hotel was located well for downtown,Chinatown and transport links to pier 39 and other areas of the city.
The taxi from the airport costs in the region of 50 Dollars, and for the return trip I would recommend you ask the hotel to book you a house car,maybe 10 dollars extra.
The hotel has a fitness centre.
All told we highly recommend this hotel as a pleasant and safe place to vacation in San Francisco.

Room Tip: We were well satisfied with our room on the seventh floor,some of the lower floors could possibly be affected by street noise, but we have no experience to base that assumption on.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback about your recent stay at the Galleria Park Hotel. I am pleased to read that you found our hotel "very clean with excellent decor." I am also very happy to read that our team members were friendly, welcoming and efficient.

We hope that you stay with us again when your travels take you back to San Francisco.

James Lim