2,509 results
All reviewswine hourunion squaregreat locationthe financial districtboutique hotelcomplimentary winethird floorwine receptionsutter streeteach eveningstreet noisean older buildingfew blocksfront desk staffrooms are smallbart stationvalet parking
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Lovely boutique hotel, a jewel, in an old lovingly-restored San Francisco 8-story building. Walking distance from Union Square, Moscone Center, Financial District and restaurants. Wonderful coffee shops all over the place.

The hotel is clean and attentively appointed, and the staff is uniformly helpful and cheerful.

No hotel restaurant, but it doesn't matter because there are so many places nearby.

My only complaint has to do with Internet access, and this was a new one for me. Yes, there is "free wi-fi in your room", but you soon discover that it is dial-up speed. You can check your e-mail on it, and that's about it. You are invited to "upgrade" for $10 per day if you want service that is usable. I opted for the free wi-fi and, two days into my stay, needed to work on a Power Point presentation and asked to upgrade for 24 hours. Should be easy, yes? But, no. I had to talk to Internet "support" which answers the phone by asking "what state and city are you calling from?" It took me more than an hour to get the service changed and, even then, something was wrong "in the system" and I could only get half the speed I needed. The hotel did not charge me for it, but the whole thing was an unnecessary hassle. Even nice hotels like this one continue to use the Internet to get some extra dollars out of the guests. The Galleria Park Hotel is CLOSE TO PERFECT, except that I was forced to do an Internet dance that I did not want to do.

Room Tip: I only know room 805, top floor, and I recommend it. The top floor is quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay with us during your visit to San Francisco.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our location, our services and amenities.

I am so sorry about your experience with our internet provider. I agree with you that it was an "unnecessary hassle" for you as our guest. Coincidentally, we are upgrading our WiFi network system this month to increase its bandwidth speed and reliability. We will also be changing our internet provider and support.

I hope that you stay with us again soon. Thank you again for providing us feedback.

Warm Regards,

James Lim
jlim@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Only in town for 2 nights but what a great stay. A mess up on my hotel reservation was completely solved by the hotel staff. Got a room and billing was sent to the correct office. Hotel is near the city center and close by some neat out of the way restaurants....I was guided there with the help of the desk clerk and a map.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Kevin S, Director of Operations at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Michael O.,
Thank you so much for the rave review on TripAdvisor. Even though your stay was short I am thrilled to read that we were able to solve the reservation error upon your arrival and ensure that your folio was delivered to the correct office. We cannot wait to welcome you back!
If I be of additional assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at kscott@jdvhotels.com.
Best regards,
Kevin Scott

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Amazing staff, great location, beautiful building. We couldn't have made a better choice!

We were fortunate to have the Executive King, with its lounge, open fire and complimentary wine hour, it made the perfect base to explore the city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I cant stop raving about our stay at this hotel. Before we made it on our trip i had injured myself to the point i needed the assistance of a wheel chair. When i arrived they knew exactly who i was, wheel chair ready and had us in our room in a jiffey. Everytime we came to the lobby they were so cool and friendly and the hotel staff even sent me a card,flowers and a get well soon balloon for my speedy recovery. Rooms were always cleaned and services topped up as well as free wine every day for an hour. Who doesnt love that. Rooms were a bit tight but perfect for a romantic trip for two. Location was perfect as it is close to the bart and top notch shopping. I would absolutely stay again but would probably pick a garden facing room since im a lighter sleeper and the busy city noise was hard to fall asleep to. What a wonderful hotel and wonderful staff

• Stayed: March 2013
Kevin S, Director of Operations at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Jessika M.,
Thank you so much for the fabulous 5 star review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to read that your injury didn't get in the way of you having a great time at our hotel or enjoying San Francisco to the fullest. Additionally, we are so happy to read that you enjoyed the other little "suprise and delights" we sent you. We hope they added you in a quick and speedy recovery.
We cannot wait to welcome you back and please let me know the next time you book so that I can personally guarantee you a quieter room.
Best regards,
Kevin Scott
kscott@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've stayed at several hotels around downtown San Francisco, and most of them are ok, whether they are boutiques or large hotels. Galleria Park definitely falls into the boutique category, but it was a refreshing surprise. The rooms were much larger than one normally expects, were in good condition, and overall things were... nice. :) The location was very good, putting me within easy walk of the Financial District, Embarcadero, Moscone convention center, Chinatown, and Union Square. I was assigned an interior room, which was very quiet (probably one of the quietest rooms I've stayed in while visiting San Francisco).

I definitely recommend staying here, and will hopefully be able to visit here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Request an interior room, away from street noise, for some peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank falconsview
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

As a senior contributor in TripAdvisor, your valuable feedback about our hotel is very much appreciated. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your postive experience in our hotel.

Our location is surely one of the best areas as it's less noisy and just walking distance to the major sights of San Francisco, including the world-class shopping destination--Union Square.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in your room. Our priority is to provide comfortable and clean guestrooms to our guests, which is why we recently remodeled all our bathrooms and certain areas in the hotel.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Best,