2,505 results
All reviewswine hourunion squaregreat locationthe financial districtboutique hotelcomplimentary winethird floorwine receptionsutter streeteach eveningstreet noisean older buildingfew blocksfront desk staffrooms are smallbart stationvalet parking
Reviewed March 20, 2013

No cavernous lobby leaving you feel disengaged - entering Galleria, you feel at home, particularly after the warm but high-energy welcome at the reception desk. The room was great (newly remodeled bathroom), and the evening wine reception in the lobby is a wonderful touch. The only problem is street noise - the windows need upgrading. In fairness, I was offered an inward looking room, but opted for outward.

• Stayed: March 2013
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 5-Star review. I am pleased to read that you found our front office hosts friendly and that you enjoyed our newly-renovated rooms and our nightly hosted wine reception.

I'm sorry to hear that you found the exterior view room a bit noisy. As you mentioned, we have rooms in the interior court away from the street noise.

We hope to see you again soon and we appreciate that you selected the Galleria as your place to stay.

James Lim
jlim@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a good stay here, the location is just off Union Square, literally steps away and could not be better, Theres lots of shops, cafes and eateries in the area so you wont go hungry! The hotel is a boutique hotel, the staff were great and the lobby is pretty with the fireplace. Theres a complimentary wine hour - take advantage!

The room itself was OK, the green colour was off putting, I can't quite put my finger on what was wrong with it but it didn't seem homely and welcoming, it was a bit strange and dingy. We did enjoy our stay here though, and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I took my teenage son for a Spring Break vacation to San Francisco and we stayed at the Galleria Park. Everyday I would tell my son that I was so happy with our hotel and it's location. I don't know if you can find a more convenient hotel with a great breakfast place right next door. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was a little small, but worked fine. The beds were wonderful. I could hear a bit of the downtown traffic, but it wasn't enough that I couldn't get a goodnight's sleep. Our windows looked out onto Sutter and we were on the 3rd floor. My only complaint is the WiFi didn't work unless I took my laptop to the lobby. The employees were friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again if I make it back to San Francisco.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracy D
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Galleria Park is an ideally located, warm and unpretentious hotel. Their staff might be most helpful and knowledgable in the Bay area. I have stayed in several three to five star SF hotels and this place has the most patient and service focussed staff of the lot.

You can easily walk to Union Square, SFMoMA, BART, the ferries, or even the Giants' baseball stadium from the Hotel.

The Galleria Park also offers a generous wine trolley in the early evening (with popcorn) around a fireplace in the lobby.

If it feels a little crowded, grab a glass and take it to your room.

There's also plenty of great restaurants and bars in the area.

I stayed in a King Suite and enjoyed having the extra room. Recommended.

There's parking next door and a valet service if you like. Other nice perks are in-room coffee maker and ice machines on every second floor. They have a small gym and a "walking track" which is a pleasant outdoor roof space.

All in all it was extremely comfortable and pleasant stay. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again next time.

Room Tip: I was fortunate to have a King Suite and it was fantastic to have the extra room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Esther1066
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We spent a night in this cozy hotel right in the heart of downtown SF. Anytime I can book a good hotel for under $200 in San Francisco I'm smiling.
The Galleria Park is an older hotel with old wood trim but well maintained and has excellent decor. The room we stayed in was small with a queen bed. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

I really liked the location. The hotel is only a 10-15 min walk to Union Square, Macy's, Neiman's, Nordies, and Bloomingdale. It's only a block away from my favorite restaurants in Belden Ally as well. The Mongomery BART station is a few blocks away making access very easy.

Valet parking with in 24 hour in and out priveledges is $38 . An oh yes, free Wi Fi!

• Stayed: March 2013