The Galleria Park is an ideally located, warm and unpretentious hotel. Their staff might be most helpful and knowledgable in the Bay area. I have stayed in several three to five star SF hotels and this place has the most patient and service focussed staff of the lot.
You can easily walk to Union Square, SFMoMA, BART, the ferries, or even the Giants' baseball stadium from the Hotel.
The Galleria Park also offers a generous wine trolley in the early evening (with popcorn) around a fireplace in the lobby.
If it feels a little crowded, grab a glass and take it to your room.
There's also plenty of great restaurants and bars in the area.
I stayed in a King Suite and enjoyed having the extra room. Recommended.
There's parking next door and a valet service if you like. Other nice perks are in-room coffee maker and ice machines on every second floor. They have a small gym and a "walking track" which is a pleasant outdoor roof space.
All in all it was extremely comfortable and pleasant stay. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Galleria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco