“Perfect Location. Outstanding Staff.”

Galleria Park Hotel
Ranked #35 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Galleria Park is an ideally located, warm and unpretentious hotel. Their staff might be most helpful and knowledgable in the Bay area. I have stayed in several three to five star SF hotels and this place has the most patient and service focussed staff of the lot.

You can easily walk to Union Square, SFMoMA, BART, the ferries, or even the Giants' baseball stadium from the Hotel.

The Galleria Park also offers a generous wine trolley in the early evening (with popcorn) around a fireplace in the lobby.

If it feels a little crowded, grab a glass and take it to your room.

There's also plenty of great restaurants and bars in the area.

I stayed in a King Suite and enjoyed having the extra room. Recommended.

There's parking next door and a valet service if you like. Other nice perks are in-room coffee maker and ice machines on every second floor. They have a small gym and a "walking track" which is a pleasant outdoor roof space.

All in all it was extremely comfortable and pleasant stay. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again next time.

Room Tip: I was fortunate to have a King Suite and it was fantastic to have the extra room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Esther1066
Write a ReviewReviews (2,237)

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We spent a night in this cozy hotel right in the heart of downtown SF. Anytime I can book a good hotel for under $200 in San Francisco I'm smiling.
The Galleria Park is an older hotel with old wood trim but well maintained and has excellent decor. The room we stayed in was small with a queen bed. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

I really liked the location. The hotel is only a 10-15 min walk to Union Square, Macy's, Neiman's, Nordies, and Bloomingdale. It's only a block away from my favorite restaurants in Belden Ally as well. The Mongomery BART station is a few blocks away making access very easy.

Valet parking with in 24 hour in and out priveledges is $38 . An oh yes, free Wi Fi!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Booked this hotel on our way back from Napa And Sonoma Valley Wine country. Was pleasantly surprised by the interior lobby and the overall pleasantness of the staff. They were very friendly and informative. Would definitely recommend this hotel, the room was clean and modern and about the size we expected to see in the of San Fran.

Great location and nice little surprise with the wine hour.

Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank southpaw1960
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Not astounding in any way, but really nice in every way. Room isn’t huge, but wasn’t a tiny deal typical of “boutique” hotels. Plenty of outlets. Quiet. Decent art on the walls. Friendly staff. Nice moisturizer with all the usual bathroom stuff.

Network (both wifi and wired) a little finicky, but basically worked.

Tip: Don’t give them their email unless they promise to not spam you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeMorton
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my first stay in a JDV hotel-although I've heard nothing but great things about them-I wanted to see for myself, and I was NOT disappointed! The staff was exceptionally friendly, efficient, and helpful-I rarely feel that the hotel industry can WOW me in their service, but THIS hotel certainly did! The room was small, but elegant-I did not feel cramped. I will absolutely stay here again, and recommend it to my friends and family!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chrstna
Kevin S, Director of Operations at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Chrstna,
Thank you so much for your rave 5 star review on TripAdvisor! We couldn't be happier to hear that you chose the Galleria Park as your first JDV hotel experience. Secondly, we are thrilled to learn that we were able to WOW throughout your stay. We constantly strive to provide these moments to each and every one of our guests. Our team will be so excited to hear that they have succeeded.
We cannot wait to welcome you back and please let me know if I can be of any assistance upon your next visit.
Best regards,
Kevin Scott
kscott@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed for one night on our way to New Zealand. The staff was very accommodating as we had reservations at a sister property and they allowed us to change to the Galleria with no trouble. The staff was helpful in recommending a place to grab lunch and the location could not be better. We even enjoyed the lovely complimentary wine in the lobby before going to Belden Place for dinner which was adorable and we never would have known it was a block away if not for the hotel staff. I've been to San Francisco many times and this was a definite gem. Great location, easy access from airport, and friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel about 8-10 times over the past 4 years. JDV properties are all nice, but many are a little out of my government per diem price range. but I can usually get a room here within my budget. 3 minute walk to BART, 5 pm wine social, nice rooms with top-notch amenities. And the personnel are always pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business