The hotel is in a good location for exploring SF on foot and this was the prime reason for selecting this hotel. The lobby and rooms are clean and at a luxury level that fits the price (nothing special but comfortable).
However - the service is appalling. The check in:
- it took a good 5-7 minutes to check us in from the point of it being our turn
- a lot of questions for things that are available in the booking already
- very rude and uninterested
This experience was consistent also with check-out and other front desk contact (other staff was better trained). During our stay we heard several guests with the same complaints - reason I am aware of this is that the check in experience was the topic of conversation in the elevator for every new arrival.
So in short I am finding the rating difficult - objectivly:
- price/quality is good
- location is good
- rooms are nice
Which would make it a 4* - however the staff would rather not have you in their hotel. And given it is called the 'hospitality' industry I think this warants a reduction of star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and Jetsetter so you can book your Galleria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco