If you're driving to Galleria Park make sure you have it mapped out, we went around the block two or three times before we found it -- and in San Francisco traffic during the day that can be traumatic. When we did finally spy it we couldn't find a legal place to park to register. I doubled parked for about ten minutes before the doorman finally helped us sort it out. Fortunately that was the worst thing about our stay.
The hotel is not luxurious, but is boutique modern and clean, and the rooms are a bit on the smallish side, but we expected that in a SF hotel. The bathroom was modern and the shower worked fine. The bed was fine and the linen smooth. We had asked for a quiet room and that always means you'll have a view of an ally or in our case a view of other rooms. But again we we'ren't staying at the hotel as a resort vacation.
It perfectly suited our needs and was in the heart of SF where we could walk to most places we wanted to visit or jump on a street car just a couple of blocks down the street. The clerks and captains were all friendly and helpful.
We did really enjoy the wine hour where they actually served very nice wines. Most of the guests had several servings and were happy campers by the time wine time was over.
You do have to pay for parking which is all valet, so it can be a pain if you have to come and go frequently. But for the most part we didn't have any issues with it, and one time when we just had to grab a few things from the room, the valet watched our car for the the fifteen or so minutes we needed.
All in all a nice moderately priced hotel with friendly personnel comfortable rooms, conveniently located with a great happy hour. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Galleria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco