We stayed here twice in November (made the latter reservation during our first stay since we were very happy with everything). Very fresh hotel with very welcoming staff. Even the less expensive rooms are nice-sized considering the location and that they are in a historical building. The bathrooms weren't super new but very clean with quite nice shampoos, conditioners, lotions etc. The rooms have efficient heating and air-conditioning systems.
Location is excellent as well: 5 min walk to Union square and Chinatown; 3 min walk to metro and Bart stations (metro will take you also to Caltrain station in 15 mins). About 10 min walk to Moscone conference center. In addition, F tram takes you from Castro to Embarcadero to Fisherman's Wharf. California cable car (10 min walk) is less crowded that the two other lines. A bit more central location would be in the Union square but this is great as well, and there are some restaurants around the hotel, nice cafe next to the main entrance and some bars like Rickhouse serving excellent drinks.
I did not notice any noise from the ongoing facelift in the hotel. Rooms facing the street in the higher floors did not get much street noise, but in the lower floors you can hear that you're in a city. I was still very happy with the street view rooms we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Galleria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco