2,509 results
All reviewswine hourunion squaregreat locationthe financial districtboutique hotelcomplimentary winethird floorwine receptionsutter streeteach eveningstreet noisean older buildingfew blocksfront desk staffrooms are smallbart stationvalet parking
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. The room was comfortable and nicely decorated. The last hotel I stayed at before Galleria Park, was a large chain hotel, so it was a nice change to stay in a place that was more unique. The bathroom was very clean and pretty large. I also had a bathrobe in the closet. That was a nice touch. They were accommodating when I checked in about half an hour earlier than the normal time. I had to be in San Francisco for work, and this was the perfect location, very central and very convenient. Airport train and Market street are just two blocks away. My only regret is that I had to do too much work-related stuff and didn't get to use some of the amenities, like the workout room or the outdoor area, or go to the wine reception in the evening. Hopefully my return visit won't be work-related.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank N R
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Dear N.R.,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am pleased you noticed and appreciated all the "little touches" we provide for our guests. Our goal is to create a unique and memorable experience for our guests and anticipate every need that they may have while they are in our care. We are looking forward to having you back; hopefully, for vacation next time.

Kind Regards,

James Lim

Reviewed June 7, 2012

A bit late reviewing, but it was such a great stay in March. We had a room upgrade and were thoroughly please with this fantastic gem of a hotel. The staff were superb, ever helpful and its location was great for getting around SFO.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2012

If youre just looking to go to your room to pass out, this is the place. These beds are so nice it will envelope you and make you pass out. I suppose thats one of the most important elements of a good hotel room. However, the walls are extremely thin. I can hear a conversation going on now as we speak. I heard my neighbor cough this morning. The rooms are small, standard for old buildings in union square. My biggest gripe is the so called free internet which you can barely use. As as business traveler this is pretty important. They charge you an extra $10 a day for the business grade wireless which i think is just nickel and diming. For a luxury boutique hotel this should be rolled into the price. Although I could see people abusing streaming video with their ipads....

Also I found it a bit close to tenderloin,. sketch central.

Room Tip: They let me check in very early which is great but it was an inside room - very dark.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Wunderlust2007:

Thank you for your candor comments about your stay in our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found our beds very comfortable.

Our complimentary Internet access bandwidth is primarily to surf the Internet or check email and not for streaming videos. This is the reason why we offer tiered pricing for our guests. We find that the $10 fee is very reasonable compared to what other hotels normally charge, which typically average about $20 per day. Our WiFi is also one of the fastest as we adopted one of the earliest generations of this technology. As recent as last week, we added additional Cisco 1242 802.11g access points (fastest in the market) and reconfigured all access points to provide the higher bandwidth.

I am very surprised that you found our location close to tenderloin. The tenderloin area is past the Union Square area, over 10 blocks away from where our hotel is located. In fact, if you read some of the other comments on Tripadvisor, most of our guests found our location as the #1 reason for staying in our hotel. Galleria Park is at the corner of Sutter and Kearney, it is on the cusp of the Financial District, Union Square, and Chinatown. The hotel is surrounded by world-class shops (Ralph Lauren, Juicy Couture, Zara, Tara Burch, Ferragamo, Prada, Neiman Marcus, etc.) and restaurants.

I hope that you would consider staying with us again when you visit San Francisco. Feel free to email me at jlim@jdvhotels.com and I will personally take care of making sure that we provide you with a quiet room as well.

James Lim

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We really enjoyed this hotel. We upgraded to a suite and were glad we did as this was a very comfortable size, but not overly large. The regular rooms must be quite small. The bathroom was small, but clean. The rooms were well decorated, with an interesting style and were also quite clean. The staff was very responsive to concerns. Finally, they have a wine tasting each night. Over three nights we had tastings from two wineries.

They do have a car service that works with them for the airport. It was only $5-7 more than a cab and much more comfortable.

Room Tip: After booking our room, they provided an option for an automatic upgrade at a discounted price for the suite. This worked out very well as it saved money and resulted in a much larger room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This hotel is my home away from home. If you want the quintessential SF experience, this is the place for you! From the incredible staff to the location and wonderful rooms. I always feel so welcomed here. Joie de Vivre sure knows how to hire, too!! Joel, Galen, Grant, Zach, Sean, Edwin, Caesar, Molly, Peter, Richard, Leizel, Juan, Alan, Jackie, Jacob, and those i don't know yet, but they are all so wonderful and will make you feel special. I just love it here and if you want to experience true SF charm, stay here...I bet you'll love it, too. :-D

Room Tip: I love the Sutter St side but if you dont like street noise, stay in an interior room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Kevin S, Director of Operations at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear TheChavelas,
Thank you so much for feedback and review of Galleria Park Hotel and our staff members. As the newest member of the team, I could not agree with you more. Everyone I have met is just amazing and so focused on providing excellent customer service.
Thank you again for your time and we cannot wait to welcome you back "home!"
Best regards,