See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 17, 2015

This is the worst hotel I have ever seen! It is dirty, smelly, and not cared for at all. The furniture is broken, missing drawers, dirty, stained, and mismatched. The lights did not work as the bulbs were all blown. The door was broken and could have been entered without a key easily. The tub/shower was dirty and stained. The top of the tile surround was so dusty that it looked like a layer of fur! The carpets were stained and worn out. The tile floor was moldy. The mattresses were stained and there was evidence of bed bugs. The entire room smelled and the window treatments were broken and dirty. The towels were stained and very thin. I refused to stay here and orbitz was nice enough to refund our money after we explained the condition of the hotel. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone other than drunk college students!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this place all together even though it is close to the Golden Gate bridge and the rates are reasonable for that area.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Jkaaafish
ManagerDM, Manager at Presidio Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2015

Dear Jkaaafish,

We are shattered to read your review. Please accept our sincere apologies that there were issues with your stay. We wish you brought them to the attention of our Manager during your visit, so we could’ve helped. We would have happily moved you to another room that was more to your liking. We take your comments very seriously and please know we are taking action to address your concerns.

Reviewed October 16, 2015 via mobile

It was my family's first time in San Francisco so I wanted to make it memorable by staying at this hotel because it is reasonably priced and it's right on the world's famous Lombard st; that alone would be plenty reason for liking this hotel. Another plus was the young man at the front desk, he was very courteous and helpful. When our original room had no electricity he was quick to find us a new one and helped us move our belongings.
However, The carpet in our room was old, raggedy and stained. The continental breakfast was not continental at all; there was a three drawer bread chest but all it had were a few slices of white bread in two of the drawers, there was no butter or cream cheese for it. There was another form of a three tray box for pastries but there was only one pastry in it. They did have a cranberry and some other juice machine but when I tried the juice it was too warm to actually enjoy it.
My family says that it smelled funny and that they got bites. I didn't get that impression.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
ManagerDM, Manager at Presidio Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2015

Dear Marla 1995,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us when considering how to make your family’s trip to SF a special one. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed our wonderful location. I wonder what your family thought of Lombard Street!
Thank you so much for pointing out what great service you received from the gentleman at the front desk. He often goes out of his way to provide our guests with extra-special attention, and it is so nice for you to recognize him. We will make sure to pass along your compliments.

Please accept our apologies that you were disappointed with other elements of your stay. We are saddened this was the case for you, as we never want a guest to feel that way. We appreciate your feedback and it is very useful to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

Reviewed October 14, 2015

I was travelling the west coast of America and was looking for a 3 night stay in San Francisco. Initially upon reading reviews, amenities and the location this hotel seemed reasonable. However, further research for places to stay in San Francisco we found what seemed a better hotel. Therefore I cancelled the booking with Presidio Inn and Suites and received an email confirmation stating there would be no charge made to credit card. However now over 6 weeks later and having sent them bank statements and sending them the email confirming cancellation I received plus countless emails and phone calls they are yet to refund me of this amount. I've not received acknowledgement, let alone an apology from the hotel staff and have been discussing the issue with booking.com. I'm unsure who is directly to blame for the mistake booking.com or Presidio Inn and Suites but I believe the communication between the two is poor. I cannot comment on the state of the hotel itself but I think any hotel which has such incompetence when dealing with a mistake also shows the standard of their customer service.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank natC9082ZD

Dear natC9082ZD,

Please accept our sincere apologies about this misunderstanding. We are terribly sorry you are dealing with this issue and we want to help you rectify it immediately. Please call our hotel and ask for the General Manager so we can get this taken care of as soon as possible.

Reviewed October 4, 2015

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
ManagerDM, Manager at Presidio Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Reviewed September 10, 2015

Do not stay here!!!! No screens on windows, no air conditioning. Owners are only interested in $$$$ Had to sleep with windows open do to heat and someone could just climb into our room through the open window. Not in a good area either. Breakfast was a joke. Started at 8am...coffee and danish and a few pieces of fruit!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wineluver84
ManagerDM, Manager at Presidio Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2015

Dear Wineluver84,

Please accept our sincere apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. We're sorry you didn't walk away with a pleasant experience with us, we never want a guest to feel the way you do. We appreciate your comments regarding our windows, air, and breakfast. Your feedback is very helpful to us and we (and our guests) can only benefit from it. At the very least, we hope our location was a plus for you and helped you to explore San Francisco with ease.